Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Took Canesten Due but didn't know I was pregnant, very worried.

(13 Posts)
70sKid Thu 09-Jun-11 13:17:57

Help I am very worried. I took Canestan Due a few weeks ago and have just found out I am pregnant. I did a test before taking it to make sure I was'nt pregnant but the test must have been wrong or to soon. I have already had a premature birth with my first baby and a miscarage a year ago. I am very worried. What should I do?

vintageteacups Thu 09-Jun-11 13:21:27

Speak to your midwife or gp.

"Women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine if they are pregnant, suspect they could be pregnant or are breastfeeding, or if they have any of the following symptoms: abnormal or irregular vaginal bleeding, blood-stained or foul-smelling vaginal discharge, vulval or vaginal ulcers, blisters or sores, lower abdominal pain, pain passing urine, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea." As it says on the canesten page. I'm sure you'll be fine.

trio38 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:48:56

If it makes you feel any better, I used pessary for for what I thought was a yeast infection that turned out to be normal symptom of (some) early pregnancies. DS fine, no problems with pregnancy. But speak to midwife or GP anyway...

harassedinherpants Thu 09-Jun-11 13:52:48

The pessary is absolutely fine, it's what I was prescribed by me gp. I don't know about the tablet though, I see your gp if only to put your mind at rest.

harassedinherpants Thu 09-Jun-11 13:53:09

my gp!

smallwhitecat Thu 09-Jun-11 13:58:10

Message withdrawn

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 09-Jun-11 14:53:55

I had raging thrush during my second pregnancy and was prescribed something like oral canesten by the GP.

I really wouldn't worry but speak to the GP for peace of mind.

70sKid Sat 11-Jun-11 15:18:57

Thanks for the advise. Seeind Doc on Monday. Fingers and toes crossed!

Madlizzy Sat 11-Jun-11 15:21:48

You'll be fine. smile

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 11-Jun-11 15:25:26

As far as I know it has a tiny risk of problems in rat pregnancies. They have no evidence for human pregnancies.

I only know this because I took the tablet too before I knew I was pregnant - DD is absolutely fine, if not a little energetic wink

harrietlichman Sat 11-Jun-11 15:26:03

I was told to take it by my midwife when was pg with ds1 - guidelines have now changed and they don't tell you to anymore, but there must have been thousands who have done before, sure you'll be fine.

danio7 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:52:29

dont worry pops, my Midwife reccomened it when I had thrush at 16 weeks.
Canesten is absolutely fine to take smile

lolajane2009 Sat 11-Jun-11 21:25:37

i have used the pessary and cream this pregnancy at 16 weeks and baby is fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: