Talk

Advanced search

Feel daft!

(6 Posts)
LDNlady Thu 09-Jun-11 12:43:41

I feel really daft because I REALLY am dreading having a sweep on Sunday. I am not at all worried about all the poking, peering and prodding that'll happen during birth but I have a real fear (don't know if that's the right word) of having the sweep on Sunday. Please tell mei am being really daft! What'll happen? How long does it take?

apple99 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:56:05

I had a sweep when I was overdue with my first dd. It is really quick and involves the midwife running her finger around the cervix. It was mildly uncomfortable but no more uncomfortable or embarrassing than having a smear.

It will be over in minutes smile

edwinbear Thu 09-Jun-11 15:09:14

I had a sweep with DS, it was fine, far less uncomfortable than a smear as it's just a finger rather than a speculum. It wasn't painful or uncomfortable for me at all. I'll have another one with DC2 as soon as it's offered! It took all of maybe 30-40 seconds, she just put a finger inside and I felt a tiny stretch feeling.

m1nn1em0u5e Thu 09-Jun-11 17:37:46

Its really not that bad, a smear is worse imo x

nicolamumof3 Thu 09-Jun-11 18:15:59

over v.v.quickly more uncomfortable than painful, don't have it tho if you don't want it?

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 09-Jun-11 18:29:58

I had the same thing during labour not something I would chose but better than other thongs I can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now