Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How many weeks am i?!?!

(4 Posts)
babycarmen Thu 09-Jun-11 10:54:43

Im so confused. My last period begun on the 11th may and was extremely light but lasted 6 days like normal, although my periods have never been that light before...
Then this month my period was due on the 8th (yesterday) but i took several tests on the 3rd which were very strong positive. A cb digital test said i was 2-3 weeks on the 3rd.
Surely that would mean i ovulated when i was on my light 'period'. ??

Any help here? Im so confused..

Should also add i tested after my light period finished and it was negative..

TerrysNo2 Thu 09-Jun-11 11:09:40

I wouldn't trust the CB Digi in terms of dates because the hormone levels are different in everyone. I would assume you ovulated around the 18-22nd May to get such a strong line on the 3rd so you could be nearly 2 weeks on the 3rd June and that would explain the result.

Or it could be twins!! grin

Either way - congratulations!!! smile

babycarmen Thu 09-Jun-11 11:23:28

I guess i wont really know til i get a scan but thankyou for the help smile :D

ghosteditor Thu 09-Jun-11 11:28:37

I just want to point out that in terms of what the GP/MW will say, you are in fact almost four weeks' pregnant as it is counted from the first day of your last period.

Unless, as I think you're suggesting, you think the first lot of bleeding was not a real period, in which case you would be eight weeks. Given the CB digi results I'm guessing the former is more likely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: