Talk

Advanced search

Birthing Balls

(9 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:00:34

Im thinking of getting one. I have bad spd and finding any sitting or standing position uncomfy atm. Even wearing my support belt is uncomfortable and increasing my sickness so given up on that!

Am 34w now and want to give one a try any recommendations?

cowboylover Wed 08-Jun-11 21:35:05

Just make sure its big enough and as one too small will be worse for your hips.
Worth looking at the anti birst gym balls as well as specific birth balls as that's the only difference from a standard gym ball to a birth ball.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 08-Jun-11 21:38:23

Yep, I had to get a bigger one as my legs are long. I found it fantastic for sitting on whilst pg, used it in labour (twice) and also for rocking and gently bouncing newborns...

Sorry, can't remember where I got it, just googled.

nicolamumof3 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:40:24

i've found one on birthease. Looks good, they recommend only 65cm or 75cm its anti burst and £17.99 so looks good to me!!

Paschaelina Wed 08-Jun-11 21:44:43

I got mine in TK Maxx last year for £6. Dont pay more than £20, preferably half that. I'm still bouncing on mine 9 months later...

BikeRunSki Wed 08-Jun-11 21:45:32

Argos, prices £4-£20 ish.
They are sold a gym balls, but am told by pregnancy yoga instructor that they are they same. Most of the Argos ones are anti-burst, or or burst proof up to quite heavy weights.
They also have various diameters - 55, 65, and 75 cm.

minimuffy Wed 08-Jun-11 21:49:08

got mine from tesco for a fiver. i'm 5'6'' and the physio reccommended me that one!

dont spend more than a tenner, not worth it. but defo worth buying a ball! it felt like i was sitting on a cloud when i was pregnant!

CitizenOscar Wed 08-Jun-11 22:32:13

I got mine off eBay (new) for about £8. It's great for easing lower back & pelvic pain.

bettyboo83 Thu 09-Jun-11 00:07:16

Search for gym balls, not birthing balls as that doubles the price! I got a 75cm one off Amazon for £7.99 and it's been fine (I'm 5ft 6).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now