Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding lump on lip (facial)

(7 Posts)
ItchyTits Wed 08-Jun-11 20:44:12

Hi. Has anyone else experienced this? It came up a month or so ago, like a mini pimple in the middle of my lower lip. A couple of weeks ago it started to bleed but stopped after a few minutes. Today the bleeding was more profuse and lasted longer, then returned a few hours later. I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Is it just one of those weird pregnancy symptoms or something more serious?
Thank you for reading

captainbarnacle Wed 08-Jun-11 20:51:53

Might be worth a nonurgent GP appointment.

I saw my GP last week about my bottom lip - I have a freckle (I don't have freckles on my face) which has grown over the last month or so. It's not raised or bleeding, but they took it seriously even though I am pregnant and this means there can be skin changes due to hormones and nothing more sinister. The GP got his colleague in to see me with a lamp and a magnifying glass and they documented the shape, size and colour of the irregularity to note it down on my records. So if I go back in a couple of months they'll be able to tell if it's changed. I'm 31w BTW.

ItchyTits Wed 08-Jun-11 21:14:33

Thank you Captain. I was just returning to delete post after reading about pyogenic granulomas and feeling ashamed I didn't do so initially. A bad day....

captainbarnacle Wed 08-Jun-11 21:49:12

I think this is a useful thread though - this is my 3rd pg and the first time I've had a 'suspect' skin change. I'm glad OH prompted me to go and seek advice.

ItchyTits Wed 08-Jun-11 22:00:38

I think I'll book in to see a GP tomorrow

ItchyTits Thu 16-Jun-11 20:30:36

An update: saw my GP and got a referrral. It appears to be a granuloma which are apparently not unusual in pregnant women. There's a chance it'll disappear after the baby is born so if I put up with it for another 8 weeks or so I may avoid getting a scar (which would be 3 times the length of the spot) I just hope it stops growing! And bleeding! So much for sexy maternity photos....! blush

ItchyTits Tue 04-Oct-11 08:45:09

So much for pretty mummy newborn photos too, but it did disappear a couple of weeks after the birth without medical intervention x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now