Talk

Advanced search

Hello, first trimester and first pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Makey Wed 08-Jun-11 20:18:48

Hi, I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and reading some great advice etc.
I found out 3 weeks ago that I was pregnant, although I'm not 100% sure on the dates as there's been so much going on in April I can't remember if I had a period or not. The Doctor has put me down as due round about 6th January.
I've had my midwife appointment and now impatiently waiting for a scan which isn't till another 2 weeks yet.
We haven't told anyone other than my partners parents, my sister and a friend I work with. I'm desperate to tell some friends just so I can talk to people who understand but I really want to wait till I've had the scan though.
I'm cautiously happy, but also quite anxious. I tried to book for a private scan today but was told to just wait for the NHS one. I'm probably what's classed as on older Mam, just turned 40.
I've had no symptoms apart from being tired and really quite irritable (which I suppose could be because I'm tired), I seem to have lost any patience I ever had, snapping at things I'd usually laugh off.
Anyway, just to say Hello really and I hope to chat more instead of just reading smile

Twittwooo Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:40

Hello Makey,

I'm new to all of this too - the forum as well as pregnancy. I'm due in February so it's early days and I know exactly what you mean about being happy but anxious. I haven't had any obvious symptoms and whenever I mention it to my husband he says I should be grateful, and he's probably right, but I can't help worrying! It's hard to know what's normal and what isn't when it's your first time, isn't it?

So far I'm finding it hard to hide it at work and with friends. It seems that there are far more heavy things to carry, more coffee on the go, more people inviting me out for drinks ... and more excuses to make up! I must say I'm looking forward to the next 7 weeks being over so I can just be honest with people!

We haven't told anyone, it's just the two of us in the know at the moment and we're going to wait until the 12 weeks scan just to make sure everything's ok. I know what you mean though, I really want to talk to friends who are mums to quiz them on everything!

I hope everything goes well for you. xx

Mum2be79 Wed 08-Jun-11 20:34:30

I'm due 6th January. There's a thread for all those due in January on the antenatal club forum.

Makey Wed 08-Jun-11 20:35:54

Hi Twittwooo

I think you're right we should count our selves lucky we've not had/have morning sickness.

Yes, I'm finding it hard to decieve people/friends and keep making up excuses too. My trousers already feeling tight and expandable buttons have been my saviour smile

It's a strange emotion isn't it? Happy but anxious....
Hope all goes well for you too and will probably see you around on here smile xx

Makey Wed 08-Jun-11 20:36:49

Thanks Mum2be79 I'll have a look over there smile

louby86 Thu 09-Jun-11 08:13:03

Hello! Can I join you guys? After 6 months of trying we found out last night that I'm 4 weeks pregnant. Early days I know so I jumped straight on here so I don't have the urge to talk about it anywhere else! Due sometimes in February if, fingers crossed, everything turns out ok! Got my first doctors appointment today! It'll be our first baby too after getting married last year! Hope you are all ok!!

Makey Thu 09-Jun-11 21:25:18

Hi louby86, that's lovely news.
It's so hard not been able to talk about it to friends when you decided to keep it quiet till the scan isn't it.
Hope your appointment went well today smile x

louby86 Fri 10-Jun-11 05:07:16

Thank you! Yeah I got checked out and had loads of forms sent off. Baby should be due around feb 17th!!! Excited, but nervous too!

kri5ty Fri 10-Jun-11 07:37:44

hey girlies...

Congrats Makey smile and welcome hehe

Just thought i would say congrats to you all, and try not to worry... im 13+3 and had my scan on wednesday, everything was great...
but i have had no symptoms at all other than being tired and aching... no morning sickness or sore boobies, although i did go off some foods, i was worrying so much something was wrong... but i guess we are very lucky smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now