Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else due around Oct/Nov?

(9 Posts)
Oopsie Wed 08-Jun-11 19:07:06

Well... total surprise for us here. I just found out I was pregnant last week, GP reckoned about 16 weeks and booked me straight in for a scan...

Had the scan today and they reckon I'm more like 21/22 weeks (although I gather it's much more difficult to date a pregnancy by this stage)!!!! The gender is written down in an envelope as boyfriend didn't feel like he could cope with any more news just yet.

Who else is due around the same time? I'm really panicked about how much we need to organise and any tips would be most welcome.

NoodieRoodie Wed 08-Jun-11 19:08:48

Congratulations!

No tips here but I'm due 23rd Oct, had my 20 week scan on Monday and so far I have really organised anything!

LDNmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:05

Congrats!! Im due October 5th. I am 24 weeks now and only just started planning anything so don't worry, still plenty of time. Only thing I will say is take your time so it is not overwhelming and ask your doctor about taking Iron supplements if they haven't said anything about it already.

I actually wish I could have found out like you and missed the whole first three months, would have been much less stressy. Although I can understand how shocking this must have been, hope your BF gets over the shock soon smile

sidorek Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:17

hi theresmile congratulations? smile
20 weeks, eed 26oct, scan this week, bought 3 body suits - so much for preparationssmile

Oopsie Wed 08-Jun-11 19:31:03

Thanks for your replies. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now that I know there are lots of others here.

ToriaPumpkin Wed 08-Jun-11 19:40:30

Congratulations! I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and due October 27th NoodieRoodie is due on OH's birthday grin

So far we've painted the smallest bedroom because I had a week off work and money off vouchers for Homebase so bought the paint and that's about it. Oh, and I have some nappies because there was a voucher in my Bounty pack. Take it nice and slow and do a little bit at a time. If it makes you feel better, I know people who knew from four weeks and still didn't have a baby carrier when it came to bringing their DD home!

Beesok Wed 08-Jun-11 20:01:54

Welcome to the October Club and congrats!! I am 21+3 and due on the 17th smile
I have a crib, a few white body suits and lots of bump cream ;)

BTW there is quite a large thread for those due in Oct on the Antenatal Clubs, personally, I can't keep up with it but you might find it useful:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1196706-October-2011-Baby-Bus-part-3

sleepybump Wed 08-Jun-11 20:06:04

wow congrats!!
22wks here - estimated due date 11th October.

Took a short while for this pregnancy to sink in with the two of us, but you still have plenty of time for that grin

Also this is usually the best time: pregnancy has settled, the most 'vulnerable' time for the baby is over with and getting on with organising/planning is just beginning for most smile

Has your bump popped-out yet? (I'm guessing no if you've just found out) Mine just exploded a couple of weeks ago :]

Enjoy the extra food and all the attention from your other half (once his heads stopped spinning that is!)

xx

Boosaphena Wed 08-Jun-11 20:23:59

Ooh I too wish I could have been oblivious to the last 21 weeks that'd be great! Although I appreciate it does pose other probs.
I'm due 13th oct but having elcs a week or so before. I have done nothing apart from buy 1 sleepsuit put house on the Market and get a new car. Dc3 for us that's come as a wee surprise. (a v wanted one tho)
I agree with others, just take it slowly enjoy your good news and then get things. If needs be it could be done on tinternetin an afternoon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: