Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

odema at 25w - should I be concerned?

(5 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 08-Jun-11 16:02:32

My ankles are swollen - usually they're quite boney so it's only noticible to me and dh but I'm 25w pg with twins. I didn't get swollen ankles until right at the end with dd1 so I'm starting to worry. Part of me thinks I'm getting off lightly so far with twin pg so am keeping a close eye on warning signs - should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to help it?

Eviepoo Wed 08-Jun-11 19:16:56

My swelling started at 24w. I Have regular urine/ BP checks and they are fine so the MW just said I'm just unlucky.
As long as your MW is keeping an eye on you and checking urine/BP just in case you develop pre-enclampsia try not to worry
However as you are a mum already I'm sure you know to watch out for sudden or facial swelling and call the mat ward straight away.
You have my sympathies tho....my clump feet and sausage fingers are getting on my nerves now..29w+3

pozzled Wed 08-Jun-11 19:50:33

When is your next appointment? It's most likely nothing to worry about, but if you're concerned I would get your BP and urine checked just to be on the safe side. And as Eviepoo says watch out for the signs of pre-eclampsia, headaches and visual disturbances are signs as well.

Other than that, just try to put your feet up as much as you can!

Eviepoo Wed 08-Jun-11 20:01:40

Oh and drink lots of water and put your feet up when you can...
I will say though mine are bad...swelling does go down by the morning though

PrincessScrumpy Thu 09-Jun-11 16:45:10

Thank you - had bp checked today and it's still low. I am bad at drinking enough so I will be better. Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: