Talk

Advanced search

laser hair removal pregnancy

(7 Posts)
kri5ty Wed 08-Jun-11 08:55:41

So todays groupon offer in my area is a course of laser hair removal for 99 quid!

Does anyone know if its safe during pregnancy?

Beesok Wed 08-Jun-11 08:57:50

I fell pregnant in the middle of mine and they told me that while they consider it safe they don't do it for pregnant women because results cannot be guaranteed due to hormonal changes affecting hair growth. I stopped mine and they agreed to carry over my session until I give birth and am done breastfeeding smile

Coppernoddle Wed 08-Jun-11 10:13:52

Can you not buy them and do it after you give birth?

KatieWatie Wed 08-Jun-11 11:29:45

I've read conflicting reports about whether it's safe or not (I was home lasering with a Lumea prior to getting pg). I've given it up just to be on the safe side but it does make those early sessions seem like a right waste of time and bulb!

Coppernoddle Wed 08-Jun-11 19:08:31

I would for now!! It's such a new thing that evidence can't be that strong! No only that, you do grow extra hair so you might find you'll be wasting time and money!! Be like the rest of us, hairy men!! smile

kri5ty Wed 08-Jun-11 19:22:29

Haha thanks girls! To be honest I didn't even think about the fact I'll get more hair! It prob would have been a waste of money, i'll embrace being a hairy man.lol x

Coppernoddle Wed 08-Jun-11 19:44:41

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now