Talk

Advanced search

trace of protein in sample, help explain please.

(5 Posts)
moocowmrs Tue 07-Jun-11 17:59:57

today I had trace protein in sample, bp checked with mid wife yesterday and was fine, I am 25 weeks, ha ve to take an early morning sample in to the dr's and have bp checked again. am I worrying needlessly, sure it could just be uti, this is.my third preg. reassurance needed please.

VioletV Tue 07-Jun-11 18:01:51

Don't be worried. It could be nothing. I had protein in mine back when i was 10weeks. I'd only worry if your blood pressure was high along with it.

TitaniaP Tue 07-Jun-11 18:10:52

I had a trace of protein in my urine last week and the midwife said it was probably just a bit of discharge (sorry it TMI). I gave another sample this morning and it's fine. I'm sure it'll be fine.

SlightlyScrambled Tue 07-Jun-11 18:23:42

I had this at 36 weeks after having a bad tummy bug. No harm in getting it checked until it returns to normal. I wouldn't worry until the doctor says there's something to worry about. It's a good thing that they are keeping an eye on it.

moocowmrs Tue 07-Jun-11 18:29:25

thanks, folks. Have had a bit of discharge too, so maybe it is linked to that then. Feel fine and bp fine so sure it is nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now