Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Coffee craving?

(9 Posts)
lightsandshapes Tue 07-Jun-11 15:40:22

Am i the only pregnant woman with coffee cravings? I don't feel like it's the ideal thing, but have been having a decaff late or cappuccino most days as well as my usual several cups of decaff tea. Should I be trying to eliminate this??? I know when not pg, coffee makes period pains worse, so it can't be that wonderful during pregnancy either! Advice please!

Nell799 Tue 07-Jun-11 15:52:48

Yes. It makes my morning sickness worse, and I get a headache, but I really want coffee. I just try to stick to the two cups of normal coffee but I could happily drink more. I don't normally drink it, just tea. Am worried about the caffiene though, so drink about 2 litre plus of water alongside (not that that will reduce the caffiene).

KatyN Tue 07-Jun-11 19:46:59

I'm drinking more coffee than normal. I'm drinking instant decaf which is the lowest form of coffee in my opinion but I almost feel that I'm craving it.
I think it's that i've cut down on caffine and I think the coffee might be waking me up??
I don't think there's anything too evil in coffee..

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 07-Jun-11 19:52:57

what katyn said. Love coffee normally but would forgo if not for craving it. Am also reduced to decaff instant...or sometimes half decaff half normal when feeling wild. wink

KatyN Wed 08-Jun-11 08:31:42

you are W I L D moon face. I just can't keep up

woohhhh wwowoooohhhhhhh wooooh. parteeeee!!!grin

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Wed 08-Jun-11 09:20:03

best not try then eh? Don't want you burning out. grin

Maybe i should change by name to keith moon-face?

Coppernoddle Wed 08-Jun-11 10:04:43

I had a coffee craving in my middle trimester!! And I never drink coffee!!!!!!! I would have I cup a day of normal coffee as couldn't stand decaf! I think your ok with 2 cups a day!

ArlingtonStringham Wed 08-Jun-11 11:58:31

I love coffee even more than I normally do when pregnant too - I sometimes have a cup of instant at work during the week which is always a disappointment but every saturday and sunday morning I have a mug of freshly made coffee with milk and one sugar as a treat - it's just so amazing!

crazyhead Wed 08-Jun-11 15:13:17

I have a fresh coffee every day - you only need to stick below 200mg and frankly under 300mg caffeine the risks are very low. It really isn't like cheeky boozing.

I also buy hair-raisingly expensive decaf coffee as a placebo. I figure if I'm on the soft stuff, it might as well be the GOOD soft stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: