Talk

Advanced search

Irregular fetal hearbeat

(7 Posts)
Nicky7611 Tue 07-Jun-11 15:32:49

Hello

My midwife refered me to the maternity assesment unit yesterday ( I hadnt had much movement on Sunday or monday morning). She had listened into her hearbeat and evry now and again she skipped a beat.

At the unit once i was being monitored she started moving (typical lol) but she was still skipping. They also did a scan and everything else was fine.

The midwife at the unit said there isnt anything they would do for an irregular heartbeat and to monitor movements etc.

When I spoke to my midwife she sounded a little suprised but said just keep an eye on things and get n touch if needed.

Has anyone else had this before, should I be worried or is it quite common?

sorry forgot to say I'm 28 weeks

kitkey Tue 07-Jun-11 17:13:08

Yes I had it with ds - atrial ectopics - apparently no problem for the baby - all sorted itself our at about 34 weeks and they did a ECG on ds when he was a day old - heart all normal - was strange hearing it though.

icravecheese Wed 08-Jun-11 08:30:49

Hiya,
I have no experience of this myself, but a few yrs ago one of my close friends had what sounds like exactly the same as you with her first baby.... it got her very worried for the rest of her preg, but when her little boy was born, he had an absolutely perfectly normal heart beat with no follow ups required.

Nicky7611 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:15:00

Thanks for your replies, it's probabley just me wording more than anything

Nicky7611 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:15:37

Worrying, bloody phone lol

hildathebuilder Wed 08-Jun-11 12:16:41

if it helps at all both my father and my uncle (who are in their 60s) have an irregular heart beat and skip one in about 60 or 70 beats.

WindUpBird Wed 08-Jun-11 14:22:50

DD had this and it was picked up when I was 30 or so weeks pregnant. I was so worried as it sounded so odd on the monitor! She was fine and she's 5 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now