Talk

Advanced search

I love chocolate

(12 Posts)
Tealdoe Tue 07-Jun-11 13:53:21

Is anyone else eating chocolate every day? I usually have at least one bar or icecream or cake a day but I feel a bit guilty! I'm getting my 5 a day too, but I just have treats on top. Does it make a difference to baby? One midwife said it did and she thinks babies are calmer when the mum hasn't eaten chocolate etc, whereas others say it makes no difference. What have people told you?

lightsandshapes Tue 07-Jun-11 13:56:53

would like to hear the answer on this. Surely we are not being asked to give that up too! I've just had a choc cake and decaf cappucino for my lunch. Sometimes I think the abstinance advice is over the top. I bet that mid wife coulod not give up choc for 9 months! Anyway, what research is she basing that on???

lightsandshapes Tue 07-Jun-11 13:57:32

would like to hear the answer on this. Surely we are not being asked to give that up too! I've just had a choc cake and decaf cappucino for my lunch. Sometimes I think the abstinance advice is over the top. I bet that mid wife coulod not give up choc for 9 months! Anyway, what research is she basing that on???

roz1982 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:05:47

I know for gods sake you can't bloody have anything!!!!!! I reckon eat what you want but don't absolutely mad - my mum's just been giving me a lecture on 'eating well' she has this vision that I'm constantly gorging on junk food and chocolate and it's just not true! (open box of cadbury's roses on coffee table didn't help) But the first thing she did was swoop in for one!!!!

camdancer Tue 07-Jun-11 14:35:01

My bump is sponsored by Cadburys and I'm pretty sure the baby will come out with purple hair! Sadly it doesn't stop there - my breastmilk for DS and DD was probably half chocolate also. I don't have any experience of a no-chocolate pregnancy but so far my two are pretty decent kids. Also, I've put on just less than a stone so far this pregnancy. I'm eating a decent diet, just with a bit more chocolate than before.

Tealdoe Tue 07-Jun-11 14:37:36

I've resisted having a chocolate orange bar for the last half hour but talking about chocolate on the forum has given me even bigger cravings. So on the basis of the last post i'm giving in grin)

Renaissance227 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:40:59

grinat camdancer!! Purple hair!!

I've gone off chocolate a little bit for the last few months but still occasionally indulge. I say everything in moderation and enjoy! x

NickyE119 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:56:54

I don't normally have a sweet tooth but omg I have to have chocolate once or twice a day. (Just thinking about the chocolate eclair in the fridge at home for later!)

iWILLdothis Tue 07-Jun-11 15:21:56

I'm eating a Wispa bar as I type this.....mmmm the melting chocolatey bubbliness is wonderful! grin All in moderation though. Tealdoe I mis-read your post at first.... thought you were saying eating chocolate makes mums, & therefore babies, calmer!! My friend ate a bar every single day when she was preg and has two healthy kids. Pregnancy for me is a nightmare, I find it very difficult, and am in a lot of pain, so do what I have to do to get throughit. If that means having the odd bit of chocolate, so be it.

MsChanandlerBong Tue 07-Jun-11 16:43:31

Oh no please don't take away my chocolate!!! I am eating it every day. Often more than once a day. Or when it is only once a day it is in large quantities blush

I am also getting my 5 a day, eating 3 balanced meals and taking vitamin tablets... but I think I would really struggle to cut out the choccie!! grin

theonlyhb2 Tue 07-Jun-11 18:24:45

the Tesco checkout lady commented on the amount of chocolate I was buying, and my assistant filled my drawer of Crunchie's before she went on holiday

chocolate, cake, cheese cake, ice cream (light on the ice cream, heavy on the sauce please), cocoa pops for breakfast (I have all the varieties).

I am not getting my 5 a day, but I really don't care. I have always eaten loads of fruit and veg in the past but now fruit = heartburn (and too acidic for stomach to cope with sometimes) and veg = puke. Large bit of cracking = amazing. Chocolate = necessity.

d0gFace Tue 07-Jun-11 18:34:59

Normally I dont even like chocolate that much but I have been going a little mad for it in recent days.

Im tempted to go have a bar now after reading this. DAMN YOU ALL!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now