Talk

Advanced search

I'm mad but I'm going to miss this!

(10 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Tue 07-Jun-11 10:44:11

37 weeks pg with no 3 and final dc. Have swollen ankles, can't sleep, sinusitis, breathless, achy. But I am really going to muss pregnancy and ESP having a kicking wriggling bump. Might even miss people asking "are you sure it's only one?". Am very lucky to have had no probs really with pregnancy, and I def am done, couldn't look after three and be like this and our house would burst. But know I'll be nostalgic about pregnancy. Anyone else feel like me?

Renaissance227 Tue 07-Jun-11 10:50:57

You really are mad, though I kind of know what you mean!! I'm 20 weeks with my first and not a fan of being pregnant. The only good bit is the wriggling, kicking bump! smile
Hope the last part of your third pregnanncy goes well. x

nunnie Tue 07-Jun-11 10:58:23

I am 25 weeks almost with my 3rd and final, feel like I have been pregnant forever (fell pregnant very quickly after number 2) but I am also feeling the same, for all its faults I do like pregnancy as I find it so lovely that feeling of a new life growing in me.

icravecheese Tue 07-Jun-11 11:09:52

YES!! I'm 21wks with my 3rd (and probably / definetly final, although hubby keeps muttering about a 4th, but is not in my plans at moment, our house would burst too!).

I am SO enjoying this pregnancy - I think preg no.2 I was so knackered from looking after toddler whilst being pregnant (V close age gap btwn 1st & 2nd). THis time, I have a 4yr old, about to start school in sept, a 2yr old, plus bump. Its feels much easier so far and, in a strange way, like a first baby again...got out all my old preg books (never bothered with babe no.2 as didnt have time!). I do have the crazy preg woman paranoia as per usual, but this time when I worry, its with a sense of calm.... I know I can't do anything about my worries, so it all feels much easier. (Famous last words!).
Enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant!!

Hormoneoverload Tue 07-Jun-11 11:18:44

Glad it's not just me! Don't get me wrong, I am getting to the stage where I'm looking forward to baby and will no doubt reach the "let's get on with it stage". I think I most enjoyed 20-34 or so weeks, slower but not too incapable and sleeping well. Dd is so excited and both she and ds love resting on and stroking bump.

Hormoneoverload Tue 07-Jun-11 11:20:08

Oh, and perhaps I feel like this because dd is at school and ds with childminder this morning!!

icravecheese Tue 07-Jun-11 11:43:23

you LUCKY lady having some free time to yourself...something I only dream of at the mo!!

I think I have entered the lovely 20+ weeks stage....don't feel sick, had 20wk scan & babe looking good, have got abit more energy now....although I know it will all get hard again at 30+ wks, so i'm making the most of it now!

MainlyMaynie Tue 07-Jun-11 12:27:18

I'll miss it too! I'm 37+2 and I really love the feeling of having a wriggling baby inside me. It's my first, but we had fertility issues so it may also be my last and I will feel sad it's over. I am now really excited about the birth and meeting the baby though!

Hormoneoverload Tue 07-Jun-11 13:07:50

Ha, he's back now! Now he's here I'm having a moment of "what am I doing to him, having another one?!". Ah well... Enjoy your bumps everyone who can!

BeautifulBlondePineapple Tue 07-Jun-11 13:38:35

Absolutely! I'm 36wks with #3 and even though I'm feeling clumsy, big, sore, breathless, have constant shocking heartburn and am walking like a penguin, I've been cherishing every moment of this pregnancy as it will definitely be my last.

I know I'll get to the "enough of this!" stage pretty soon but I'm just so so glad that I managed to persuade DH to go for another.

Hope your last few weeks of it go very well indeed. These are the type of memories that we'll have forever!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: