Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

37 weeks and worried that growth has slowed down

(6 Posts)
smellyeli Mon 06-Jun-11 21:06:45

I am so hormonal and emotional!!
Come and calm me down.

Third baby. Other two both induced at 42 weeks. One 9 pounder, one 7lb 7oz.

At 32 weeks - 'oh, your second baby was small for dates' (according to new charts, grrrr) - two growth scans since then. One at 35 weeks - transverse lie but big baby (90th centile). Scan today - head down (woo hoo!) but 50th centile for growth.

So twice weekly monitoring and another scan next week, possible early induction. All fine.

The problem is - I am suddenly petrified about it all, which is unusual for me - I don't even want to write what I am scared of as it looks so awful written down and I don't want to upset anyone who is at the same stage as me, but - most babies are fine aren't they????

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Mon 06-Jun-11 21:11:26

aww don't worry seriously, they are doing good by you with the scans and what not, my DS was born at 37+5 and was only 4lb 10oz because of my pre-eclampsia, and he was absolutely fine, came home with me after 4 days in hospital, and is now 2.5 and a big heffer of a boy, so nothing to worry about. Anyway they are not always right with these things, i was big for dates apparently and still had a little one, they were shocked.

Not long to go now, I'm sure you'll be fine smile

LAbaby Mon 06-Jun-11 21:11:31

I can't reassure you as I'm a first time mum, but I'm equally scared!
I am having a growth scan on Friday - 36 weeks - as my stomach is only measuring 31 cm and should be 36. This is the first time anyone has mentioned anything about my bump being small and it was a real shock. The baby has been moving loads, and I have had all the tests and been told everything is fine all the way through. I can't understand why no-one mentioned this before.
Crossing my fingers for us both!

smellyeli Mon 06-Jun-11 21:41:17

Thank you - I know I am being over-anxious, but it's so close now that I feel I have to get my quota of worrying in having buried my head in the sand for 8 months!

Maybe I just need some sleep.....

Goof luck LAbaby - I'm sure it will be fine, it;s just annoying when things come out of the blue isn;t it!

yummymummyto6 Mon 06-Jun-11 22:13:38

Im 37 weeks and measuring 33cms, I am having a growth scan tomorrow and im worried too. The last few times iv been to my ante natal apps iv been measured by a student midwife who said I was 33 cms just over 2 weeks ago. Last friday I saw my usual midwife n she measured me the same so now im not sure what to think, could the student midwife have measured me wrong which I doubt cos she must be near the end of her training or has my baby not grown at all :-(

yummymummyto6 Mon 06-Jun-11 22:15:57

And good luck to both of u, im sure ul both be fine xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: