Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Mama Spanx Tights

(9 Posts)
lilbitneurotic Mon 06-Jun-11 19:29:45

Bit of a weird question which probably shows my name fits!

I have an all day wedding on Saturday and got myself a nice dress and today I received a pair of maternity Spanx tights - they have a nice light control over my bump, with the real control panels on my thighs and bum. They feel comfy and not too tight but I remember there being a bit of a media furore when they came out saying how vain could some people be and that they were unhealthy? Does anyone wear these regularly or think there would be a problem wearing them to a wedding? All be it probably for a long time.

Sorry if this makes me sound a little crazy - I probably am! Should say I'll be 33 weeks on Saturday.

sarahmia Mon 06-Jun-11 19:39:32

ok... i have worn these every day since i was 20 weeks, and i promise you that it was not for vanity.. they support my bump and helped the pain i was feeling when i walked more than a bump band.
i love them and swear by them.

sarahmia Mon 06-Jun-11 19:43:16

ok... i have worn these every day since i was 20 weeks, and i promise you that it was not for vanity.. they support my bump and helped the pain i was feeling when i walked more than a bump band.
i love them and swear by them.

lilbitneurotic Mon 06-Jun-11 20:15:19

Thank you sarahmia! They feel really comfy on but I was just worrying they were secretly squishing me or something!!

Vic3333 Mon 06-Jun-11 20:32:36

I've worn mine lots too lastly at 37 weeks for a 10 course tasting menu. Apart from taking slightly longer to hoik them up after frequent loo trips they were fab. DH did burst out laughing when he saw them as they are passion killers though!

tonksy83 Mon 06-Jun-11 20:48:35

I was thinking of buying some and had all these questions running around my head....so brill now I have read your comments. I want to get some shorts spanx.....in very atractive nude!! Where is best to buy them please? Plus I am a 14/16 what size is best, fopr comfort over bump???

Glad others are wearing them....Go for it lilbitneurotic x

lilbitneurotic Tue 07-Jun-11 08:44:37

Thanks for your responses! I'll wear them without worrying now.

Tonsky I'm glad you had the same questions too - makes me feel a bit less of a nutter!
I'm a size 16 and I got the size D or US 14 depending on where you buy them from - I got mine from Amazon.

mrsdaz Tue 07-Jun-11 11:58:24

Do you buy your pre preg size in these? Im desperate for something to support my bump!

MainlyMaynie Tue 07-Jun-11 12:24:13

I can't imagine they are any tighter than the tubular bandages physios give out for SPD! I think the effect is probably similar too, so I'd say they're positively medically endorsed smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: