Talk

Advanced search

Bump is uncomfortable - is this what the rest of preg is like?

(9 Posts)
fizzypigs Mon 06-Jun-11 15:47:46

hi looking for some advice! I'm 30wks and bump is becoming increasingly uncomfortable - wanted to know if this is what I should expect for the next 10 or so weeks? Feel like I have a big stone inside at the top of bump and that my ribs are been pulled apart - baby was breech at last midwife appt so may well be baby's head. Have felt like this before but only for a few mins whereas today its been constant! Bump is also achey when I wake up from sleeping and sore when I try to switch sides - is it the weight of the bump just causing the ache? Feeling a bit sorry for myself today - fed up with work - no motivation at all and just want to sleep! Moan, moan, moan!!

Renaissance227 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:12:53

No experience of previous pg but I'm 20 weeks with my first and already feel like I have a big stone attached to my stomach. My chest aches and I cannot sleep because of a constant feeling that I have overeated, even though I haven't!! I also am fed up with work today and want to be home and not here!
You moan away, it sounds like you have things quite bad. Hopefully the baby will move soon and you will get some more comfortable times. x

princessdave Mon 06-Jun-11 16:45:07

Hi Fizzy, same as Renaissance - first pg but will be watching the thread with interest! Am 27 + 1 and I feel heavy when I turn over in bed although I am still sleeping on my back as my hands keep going numb when I sleep on my side! I do feel achey across my bump when I get out of bed but that soon wears off after a shower, walk around etc.

Having the head stuck between your ribs, if that's what it is, sounds very uncomfortable indeed. I do hope your little moves soon to allow you some element of comfort! Good luck smile

Armi Mon 06-Jun-11 16:45:48

Fizzypigs, this isn't going to cheer you up...am at 35 weeks with my first, baby is breech and I am sooo uncomfortable, and have been for several weeks. I can feel/see the baby's head sticking out under my left ribs - which is terrifying - and my ribcage is very, very painful unless I'm lying down, which is completely out of the question at work. Am shattered.

I would recommend getting some nice smellies and having a good soak in the bath of an evening - this does seem to help. As does getting as much rest as possible ( easier said than done, I know!). I try to avoid sitting bolt upright for any length of time, as this seems to make it worse. Whenever you can, make yourself a nest of cushions and do some serious lolling about!

fizzypigs Mon 06-Jun-11 16:52:13

As daft as this sounds - its nice to know I'm not the only one in this achey boat! I prob need to give myself a bit of a shake (figuratively speaking!). Had a really good preg so far and am almost on the home strait! Lovely to have a place to vent with lots of sympathetic ears! Thanks - feeling better already. Off to loaf and watch some crap tv x

Armi Mon 06-Jun-11 18:37:54

Don't give yourself a shake, fizzypigs - you need to take it easy instead of trying to snap yourself out of it. Some days you might feel like you do today and other days you might feel a bit better, just take it steady and be nice to yourself.

Icelollycraving Mon 06-Jun-11 18:49:48

I'm 36+3 & v uncomfortable. I also have really itchy skin which is driving me mad!

dikkertjedap Mon 06-Jun-11 19:10:37

What may help is a special bean bag with a big hole in the middle for bump (Australian make), I found that very relaxing plus you can then lay on your tummy and have a nice massage ... Can't remember what cutoff point is but I thought it was not so good to lay on your back as it compresses blood vessels to baby ????

KarlaT Wed 08-Jun-11 14:33:39

Hello ladies, I have been in your situations, twice. Its is what made me start my business, so I wanted to offer you some advice in an effort to get more comfortable.

Find a chiropractor that specializes in the Webster Technique if your baby is in an awkward or breach position. Their ability to manipulate the body has allowed babies to turn and settle in a more comfortable position.

Another way to get comfortable is to wear a maternity support belt. It lifts the weight off of your hips and thighs, which causes fatigue. Wear the belt during the day.

Pillows designed specifically for maternity are amazing. They made in unique shapes to support the areas of the body that need it most. It is worth the investment.

Compression hosiery is great for battling fatigue, especially if you have a job where you sit at a desk. They are now made in various styles and colors and look like regular trouser socks and pantyhose.

Best of luck with your pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now