Talk

Advanced search

Anyone not have any symptoms at all when they got a bfp??

(13 Posts)
joycep Mon 06-Jun-11 11:46:34

Curious to know whether people just did not have any symptoms at all when they got their bfp. I assume that most people get stomach cramps and the odd twinge here and there when they test but wondering whether this is true or not...

harrygracejessica Mon 06-Jun-11 11:51:17

I had the usual symptoms of late period, sore boobs and extreme tiredness the first 2 pregnancies, the 3rd I just knew I was pregnant, no symptoms and hadn't even missed a period and wasn't even planned.

chocolatecrispies Mon 06-Jun-11 11:55:18

No symptoms at all here until about 6 weeks both times - so 2 weeks after bfp - I was just congratulating myself on not having morning sickness etc when it all kicked in with a vengence!

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 06-Jun-11 11:59:23

Yup, no symptoms until 6 weeks either time here, either. To the extent that I had any symptoms this time, they could be described as 'the feeling that is not actually cramps but tends to suggest that one's period is on the way'. Total mindfuck, frankly.

Baby2b Mon 06-Jun-11 12:00:07

Very similar to chocolatecrispies. I never just 'knew' I was pregnant either. Most of the symptoms I had obsessed over looked for didn't appear until much later.

natwebb79 Mon 06-Jun-11 12:18:14

No symtpoms at all for me apart from being a day late. I did have a very faint strange 'tugging' feeling in my tummy though. That was it.

hubbahubster Mon 06-Jun-11 12:20:25

Me! No symptoms – hardly any all the way through, actually (I'm now 33 weeks). Went off meat from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, but that was it. Oh, and I had really REALLY sore boobs from about 8 weeks to 10 weeks. Otherwise, I had no clue, even though everyone told me, 'Oh, you'll know.' Er, no, I really didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have drunk a crate of beer the week before my BFP!

nannyl Mon 06-Jun-11 13:23:00

i got my 1st BFP at 3+3... though at that point it was more of a not quite negative, rather than a BFP.... by 3+5 it WAS a BFP though.

I had no symptoms at all by then.

by 4 weeks i did, by 5 weeks i felt awful, and was signed off at 7 weeks until 16 weeks!

Joycep Mon 06-Jun-11 14:45:19

thanks so much ladies for your replies. Every month I don't think i am pregnant because I don't have any symptoms, every right I'm proven right but just wanted to give myself renewed hope that not everyone gets symptoms...!

DizzyCow63 Mon 06-Jun-11 15:20:23

Same here, no symptoms at all and didn't even test til 6 wks (4 years ttc and a fortune wasted on HPTs meant I had no expection of a positive at all!). Literally 2 days later the morning sickness started and lasted the remaining 36 weeks!

princessdave Mon 06-Jun-11 15:31:44

Erm no symptoms here at all... found out was pg at 12 + 5! Only took test as DH remarked on inflated bosom, I hadn't really noticed. Glad he had tbh and suggested I take a pg test as I was marathon training at the time and I dread to think how much further into the pregnancy we could have gotten not knowing about our little hitchhiker. As it is I'm 27 + 1 now and still running but have slowed down and drastically reduced the mileage smile

(not sure if lack of symptoms etc might be partly linked to PCOS though?)

benne81 Mon 06-Jun-11 15:47:02

I got the most intense nighttime stomach cramps at about 5 weeks - extremely painful about 3 times a week for a couple of weeks. It felt like the worse period pains ever, only ever happened at 2-3am and lasted about 10-15mins. It was quite frightening at the time. I think it was implantation pain or my uterus doing a back flip in shock it was pregnant!

KatyN Mon 06-Jun-11 16:29:58

I had no symptoms.. so much that my husband really didn't want me to take the test.. he thought I was getting a bit crazy as I was only 1 day late.

Hope it come right for you in the end... I think you can't tell until you get that line on a stick or the horrid blob arrives.

good luck,
katy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now