Talk

Advanced search

Surprise pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Oopsie Sun 05-Jun-11 20:43:08

With long-term boyfriend but total surprise and not planned at all. We're not sure how far along I am but gp thinks could be as much as 16 weeks. I have a scan booked for this week.

In the meantime, what do I need to know? Help me, I'm clueless!

d0gFace Sun 05-Jun-11 20:47:36

Take folic acid incase youre still in the less then 12 week zone?

Congrats!

wobblypig Sun 05-Jun-11 20:53:17

You will know more when you had a dating scan.

You will get a booking appointment with the ante-natal midwives but in the interim obviously look after yourself ; stop dirinking alcohol /smoking if applicable. Discuss any medications you use with the GP.

Congratulations if you are happy about this- the message title suggests otherwise. Your message title may csuse some offence to people who would like to be in your position - seeing it pop up in active talk.

Good luck

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jun-11 20:55:07

Congratulations! You'll get used to it. You have less time to get used to it than most but look at it this way, most of the bad stuff that can go wrong during pregnancy is behind you.

Stop smoking/drinking/eating raw meat/skydiving etc. and take folic acid.

Good luck smile

Oopsie Sun 05-Jun-11 20:57:04

Sorry, I really don't mean to cause offence. Is there a way to edit posts on here? If so, I will change the title.

Thanks for the advice. I have just started the folic acid and prenatal vits. I've had quite a few boozy nights lately tho which scares me. I also take hot baths a lot which I know is not recommended. sad My scan is Wednesday.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jun-11 21:52:31

Report your own post (top right of your post) and ask MNHQ. smile

Oopsie Sun 05-Jun-11 21:58:13

Done! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now