Talk

Advanced search

18 weeks today - 2nd pregnancy

(3 Posts)
dana4nyc Sun 05-Jun-11 19:40:14

Hi all,

As the title says, I am 18 weeks today with my second pregnancy. I have yet to feel any real movement, no kicks or anything like that. I have had 2 scans on the NHS and one private gender scan with the last one being at 15 + 6. All has been weel, but I have a niggling feeling that something may be wrong since I have always been told that you feel the baby much sooner the second time around.

When pregnant with my first DC I had an anterior placenta so I didn't feel DD move until around 22 weeks. When I had my nuchal scan the MW said that my placenta was fundal this time, so that is adding to my worry.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and all turned out fine?

Any advice appreciated!

shreddinghippo Sun 05-Jun-11 21:11:16

I didnt feel movements any earlier second time around either. Sometimes it is babies position that means you wont feel much movement. I hardly felt movements the whole pregnancy - lazy baby and all limbs were tucked in tight, and all turned out fine. Have happy smiley 3 month old now smile
I hope you have nothing to worry about and that all is well, but give your midwife a call if you are worried. It would put your mind at rest and she wont mind at all!

MooseyMoo Sun 05-Jun-11 21:24:50

Definately contact your midwife if you are worried about this. She will be able to check the heartbeat with a doppler (really is amazing to hear).

I'm also 18 weeks pregnant and started to feel movements about 16 weeks but they are random and irregular at the moment. I have to focus to notice the movement and the best time/position for me is on my front in bed. Also on my side with my knees raised is quite good as well.

With my first pregnancy I thought I felt movement at 16 weeks and def felt at 18 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now