Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 days over due and feeling fed up! worried about my baby. Help!

(22 Posts)
dinksdoes Sun 05-Jun-11 17:06:27

Is anyone else really fed up at being over due? Or is that a silly question! Showing no signs of baby coming and now getting concerned about stillbirth and things going wrong. I really want to meet my baby!!! Im going to be induced at +13, would be greatful for happy stories about overdue inductions. Was really hoping for a pool birth and worried about being strapped to a machine and having lots of drugs put in me the having to have a c-section if it doesnt work! Cant seem to find postive stories of babies going to 41-42 weeks or of positive inductions!!

Fuzzywood Sun 05-Jun-11 17:13:08

Hi, didn't want to leave this un-answered. No experience of induction but the little man currently asleep on my lap was 11 days late when hexarriced 4 months ago. I was in proper labour for 2 hours, used the pool for a while and home again when he was less than 3 hours old so it can go smoothly.
What does your mw say, have you tried a sweep? Good luck and fingers crossed for some movement soon smile

Fuzzywood Sun 05-Jun-11 17:13:55

*he arrived

puffylovett Sun 05-Jun-11 17:15:26

Hi.. Technically you're not overdue yet sweetie, not for another 4 days! Term is 37-42 weeks.smile
Both mine were '18 days over', both easy natural drug free fast deliveries smile

moregranny Sun 05-Jun-11 17:49:10

Both mine 14 days late, decided to come out of their own accord, my first came on the day I was due to be induced, took 12 hours and the second 3 days before he was due to be evicted smile , he only took 3 hours, try and chill and enjoy your last bit of peace and quiet, my daughters first baby is due on Thursday.........no sign yet !

magicmelons Sun 05-Jun-11 18:32:04

Have you had a sweep yet? I had 2 before i got going with dc2 and 11 days over i demanded them and also demanded sex and lots of it. Being OD sucks, i feel your pain have been over by 11 days both times, you can't sleep because its so uncomfortable and you can't go anywhere because you move like a snail on the plus side you won't have to wait much longer than a couple of days.

Coppernoddle Sun 05-Jun-11 19:51:11

Relax, it's proven that when your anxious and waiting for it your body releases too much adrenalin and you naturally stop the body going into labour naturally as your stressed!! Have yourself a good galas of wine!! And enjoy the last few days (hopefully less) of time to yourself!! X x best of luck x x

dinksdoes Sun 05-Jun-11 21:40:07

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel alot better! Its just nice to hear from others in the same boat. AEveryone else I know who's had babies has been early, on time or just a day or so over EDD. I have had one sweep an another attempted sweep but cervix too posterior, which just made me feel like it was never going to happen! Trying to relax and think postive. Have tride all of the sugessted inducement techniques!! Thanks again for putting my mind at ease a bit - I have been such a worrier throughout this pregnancy. Just cant wait to hold my baby in my arms!

Goodluckbear Mon 06-Jun-11 10:53:42

Good luck dinkdoes - I was 12 days overdue when I finally went into labour, had a straightforward birth. Just keep doing what you're doing - I did as much walking as I could beforehand to help baby get into position, if that helps!! Don't worry about things going wrong, you're going to have your baby soon - good luck with it all!!

deepbluewave Mon 06-Jun-11 11:11:33

Hello hun, just wanted to send you message of support- Im not over due yet- due tomorrow, but no sign of anything. Im SO frustrated- I cant imagine how you feel, but I cant take another 2 weeks of this! Mainly, as there is nothing much we can do to pass time!
I also have the worries you do- I wish you all the best for a great birth- just keep thinking you will see your little one in a few days- You have nearly made it!

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Jun-11 11:16:32

I do so wish they'd get rid of the notion of an EDD. It is psychologically quite difficult once you then pass that date. It's utterly, utterly normal seeing as a pregnancy lasts for between 37 and 42 weeks but when you've passed this notional goal you start feeling the pressure. Which at 9 months pregnant and struggling, just makes things so much worse.

Hang on in there. It really won't be long at all now. My good rl friend goes to 40+9 at least and has had 5 babies, all naturally and without issues. She just has a slightly longer pregnancy than the bloody EDD suggests you might.

Lady1nTheRadiator Mon 06-Jun-11 11:26:17

SOH I totally second that. I told myself a thousand times with DS that I was 'not technically overdue' but I didn't believe it and I felt so cheated, it seemed really unfair blush

FWIW OP the vast majority of women do go into spontaneous labour before 42 weeks. At term+10 with my DS nothing had happened and I just wanted to cry, and I was so sick of the daily phone call from my mother which opened with an expectant 'well?' - aaarrrgghhh I still feel rage just thinking about it and he is 3.8! But I did go into labour and he was born at 42 weeks.

I know it seems like forever but your baby WILL be here in a matter of days - good luck! smile

Nanny01 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:37:08

Plse don't worry as long as you are getting regular movements. One of my babes came 12 days over. I had all but given up and then on the morning of her being induced I spontaneously went into labour. Try and use the time to get every thing ready I wrote out all my birth announcement and addressed the envelopes to. When I had her I realised that it had given me extra time to prepare for her arrival.

harassedinherpants Mon 06-Jun-11 11:40:40

I'll 3rd SOH!

My mw with dd said that she wished they would change the system and not give us a edd, but more of an estimated due period.

Both my ds's were spot on time, so it completely threw me when I went over with dd! She born at 40+10. I'm fully expecting hoping to go over this time, as I'm due on Boxing Day.

It will happen! I went to Aquabumps, out for luch with dh and a wander around town the day I went into labour. Try to relax and get lots of rest.

Secondtimelucky Mon 06-Jun-11 12:41:56

I totally agree about the due 'period', but I think even within that it would still be hard. On another thread I said it was a bit like being told that the marathon you'll be running will be somewhere between 24 and 27 miles. You can try and think that it's 27 and anything less is a bonus, but it doesn't stop you feeling short changed when others get to stop running earlier!

OP- you have my sympathies. 6 days over here. Was 8 days over last time, but a long labour means I've never actually waited this long for things to kick off. I'm trying to take comfort from a stat I read that only 4% of babies get to 42 weeks, so there's a good chance things will kick off on their own within the next week (although, of course, I don't know how skewed that is by inductions at +12 and +13).

If it's your first, try and rest as much as possible. Lots of lovely naps will make the time pass much faster. If you've got older ones, well, come and moan with me!

dinksdoes Tue 07-Jun-11 23:26:18

Had another sweep today, but only 1cm dialated and MW unable to sweep around membranes. Trying to stay positive, heard baby's heart beat so all good on that front. Looks like induction on thursday. will keep you posted!

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 08-Jun-11 13:28:02

How are you feeling, dinks?

zanni Wed 08-Jun-11 13:38:49

I was 2 weeks overdue with both of mine, but both popped out at the 11th hour before induction. Quick labours and easy births. Can't help thinking babies come out when they're ready. Sympathise with your frustration though; the discomfort and having your life on hold in the meantime...

I heard that if your own mother went overdue with her babies you were more likely to do so too. My mum's memory is a bit vague now but she thinks my 2 brothers and I 'were all a bit late'. If that's so and both of mine were late, maybe there's something in it. Due dates are pretty arbitrary anyway.

Loads of luck - I'm sure all will come right on the end. xx

dinksdoes Wed 08-Jun-11 16:21:45

Feeling ok, knowing that atleast something will start tomorrow is making me feel a bit better. Still so worried that there is something wrong with baby, but think ive just had way too much time on my hands to think/research into terrible things etc..Just hoping the inducement tomorrow wont go on for days! Have read horror stories, not worried about the pain, infact im willing the pain to come as want baby so much! Just dont want it to last days, my poor partner starts a new job on Monday too, so sad that he wont get much time with baby.
Been packing and re-packing my bag, bouncing on the physio ball and still eating the pineapple and drinking the raspberry tea. Coming to the conclusion that none of these natural inducements work, baby will come when its ready - or when im induced!
If I get another text saying "any news?" "ant sign?" "baby?" Im going to throw my phone away! Also keep getting people telling me to drink raspberry leaf tea/go for a long walk/have sex/eat a curry - do they think they're telling me something i dont know!!! Arhhh - some of them havent even had children!
Sorry getting frustrated now!
Going to have a nice bath, attempt to splodge some nail polish on my toes and relax, \soon I will have a baby boy or baby girl!!!!

dinksdoes Sun 19-Jun-11 19:07:20

had a beautiful baby girl last saturday. was induced on the thursday and finally had an emergency c-section on the sat morning. some babies arent coming cos they are stuck! little Florence was tied in knots with her umbilical cord around her tummy and legs. she didnt have a hope of getting out, i remained 6 cm dialated for about 8 hours, her heart rate then kept dropping and the deciesion was made to gop for cat 2 section. i cant help thinking that i should have been offered a scan, then we could have seen that she was tangled and i would not have had to go through24hrs of labour before having a section.
ah well, its all worth it in the end!

CarGirl Sun 19-Jun-11 21:12:23

Congratulations, I've had 4 inductions as mine never come on their own and all of them were births without further intervention so you never do know!

Hope you're enjoing her very much

Rootatoot Sun 19-Jun-11 21:35:50

Fantastic news that your little Florence ( fab name!) has arrived safely at last. Sorry it wasn't as easy as could have been. A lot to be said for mothers' intuition I think. But BIG congratulations. smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now