Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

tummy pains, feels like trapped wind?

(5 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sun 05-Jun-11 08:18:03

I'm 15 weeks and since Friday have had low abdominal pain which feels like trapped wind. Its been on and off but when on fairly severe. I'd not been worried because it does feel a lot like trapped wind which I've been susceptible to this pregnancy but I'm on day 3 of it now and accompanied by lower back pain.

I have a midwife appt this afternoon at 2 anyway so is it ok to wait til then and speak to her about it, or should I do something sooner?

Coppernoddle Sun 05-Jun-11 08:24:28

I got horrible stretching pains!! Especially if it's not your first pregnancy. As long as your not bleeding I think it's just stretching pains as about now it's on your bowl and can create havoc! Speak to your midwife later, I think you'll be fine! X x

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sun 05-Jun-11 08:32:46

Thanks, was just starting to get anxious which I know will also exacerbate it!

NervousAboutTheParty Sun 05-Jun-11 08:41:02

Hello - just to say could it be a UTI? I only say because I have been having lower abdominal pain and groin pain and it turns out I have a UTI. Definitely speak to your midwife about it.

candr Sun 05-Jun-11 17:18:33

I was going to say the same as Nervous, got it cleared up really fast with trip to hosp for pills. Worth getting checked out, felt like really bad period pains but in the same place for hours and kept me awak all night - felt a bit different from the stretching pains I had been feeling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: