Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Swelling

(9 Posts)
Cutiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 23:16:48

I am 37 weeks pregnant and obviously after such a hot day I am swollen. My ankles are very bad as are my hands. I was just wondering if you also have swelling how bad it is. If I hold my thumb against my leg the depression remains for a while after. Does anyone else have this or is my swelling extreme????

CliffTumble Sat 04-Jun-11 23:22:39

You should get your bp checked asap and check the other symptoms of pre-eclampsia.

Cutiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 23:27:28

I have no other symptoms of headache, visual disturbances etc. I will get my BP done tomorrow in Boots (if they do it). I have probably just done too much.

CliffTumble Sat 04-Jun-11 23:29:39

Pe can present atypically so its worth getting checked out

Eviepoo Sat 04-Jun-11 23:33:20

I agree to get checked, but just to le you know I have excessive swelling like that and I get regularly checked and it just seems that I'm one of the unlucky ones. On the plus side you've not long to go now smile

Cutiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 23:36:18

I will pop along to the doctor on Monday, midwife only works thursday. Do you think I can ask for an emergency appointment? My surgery only offers appointments for that day on an emergency basis, would this count?

CliffTumble Sat 04-Jun-11 23:39:54

Yes get an emergency appt, or call your midwife and see what she suggests.

Cutiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 23:55:36

Thanks. Off to put my feet up.

silverangel Sun 05-Jun-11 08:13:50

I'm only 23 weeks and at the end of yesterday my feet looked ridiculous - think some people are more susceptible than others and obv. The heat doesn't help. If yours have gone down overnight I wouldn't worry too much. Any facial puffiness is a key indicator of PE so keep an eye on itsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: