Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone had an ovarian cyst removed when pregnant?

(4 Posts)
SianRJ Sat 04-Jun-11 18:18:58

Hi i have previously put up a post asking if anyone has had an ovarian cyst when pregnant and i got a few great replies.

It also made me think that i now may refuse the opertion as it seems a better decision for the baby.
I was just seeing if anyone has actually had this opertion when they were pregnant?
I am suppose to have it next week when i will be 16 weeks. Thankyou

Coppernoddle Sun 05-Jun-11 08:49:41

How big is your cyst? Is it growing? I have a cyst and it was 4cm at my 20 week scan, I have another scan at 32 weeks due to other things and they said they were just going to leave it as it wasn't that big!

Geepers Sun 05-Jun-11 08:53:34

I had a dermoid cyst and my ovary removed when I was 14 weeks pregnant with my second child. It was very, very large (over 10 inches in diameter) and it was a major surgery leaving me with a scar from belly button to pubic bone. I was in hospital for a week but recovered quickly and the rest of the pregnancy was uncomplicated.

SianRJ Sun 05-Jun-11 17:55:58

it was 6cm at my 3 month scan and i have another scan 2moro to measure it, i will be 4 months. So i will see 2moro if it is growing or not and then they have an operation booked for me on wednesday.
Geepers its good that you had to have that done and your baby was fine smile thats made me feel better !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: