Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

32 weeks and feel like someone's taken my batteries out!

(8 Posts)
ninipops Sat 04-Jun-11 11:50:54

Ok this is going to be mostly a moan but also want to know if anyone else has felt like this. Yes I have a toddler (16mths) and it has been very hot the last few days but I have finished work and my DH has been of this week so he has been mostly looking after DD. I am absolutely exhausted - I've been having to take naps in the afternoon which I never did before, I fell asleep for half an hour this morning while DH had DD out on his bike - I only woke up cause they came back and shouted on me. Been to see the doc to get my iron levels checked, she took blood to check for all the usual suspects but said my iron was fine in mid May and she doubted it would have dropped so quickly. Is it just pregnant tired?? Cause I really don't remember this from last time.

LadyGoneGaga Sat 04-Jun-11 19:55:43

Yup, I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and feel shattered. Work full time for three more weeks though and have a 3 year old. Plus iron levels are low. But I'm finding pregnancy a lot more tiring second time round. Might be worth having some Spatone to build yourself up a bit.

Eviepoo Sat 04-Jun-11 22:31:32

Love the way you explained it...batteries out ...perfect

Armi Sun 05-Jun-11 12:15:31

This is exactly how I feel at 35 weeks. Have stacks of stuff to do but can't muster enough oomph to get started. All my tests are coming back fine - I think I'm just knackered!

Icelollycraving Sun 05-Jun-11 13:27:34

I went on mat at 32 weeks as I was too bloody knackered,my job was too demanding & I was having strong b hicks. I am now 36 weeks & carrying a huge baby. I have the will to do lots of things just not the energy! Are you managing to sleep at night? Sadly my body appears to be getting me ready for bf at night as I can't remember last time I slept for more than about 2-3 hours resulting in power naps in the afternoon!
I think yr batteries are probably on par with us all!

PrincessJenga Sun 05-Jun-11 14:17:33

If you find a way to put the batteries back in can you let me know?

32+4 and all I want to do is sleep. I've been napping throughout the pregnancy (not much sleep at night so I grab it when I can!) but until recently I could manage with 10-20 min 'power naps'; now if I go for a 'nap', DP knows not to expect me to re-emerge for at least 90 mins. Zzzzzzzz....

I don't have a 16 month old to look after either so you are officially My Hero.

PhyllisDiller Sun 05-Jun-11 16:04:34

Same. 30 weeks and some afternoons I could lie on the floor and sleep.

Were you pregnant in the summer with DC1 ninipops? I’m definitely worse on hot days, DS was a winter baby and I don’t remember being so ridiculously tired. DD was an Aug baby and remember the heat sapping my energy then.

nicolamumof3 Sun 05-Jun-11 16:46:15

yep 34+1 here and absolutely sapped of energy. Bad spd too so everything seems a chore could happily do nothing all day. But with a 12yo, 5yo and 3yo plenty going on. Roll on the next six weeks i find the end of pg more exhausting tbh than life with a newborn.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: