Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Isabella Oliver wrap - technique please!

(6 Posts)
lucamom Sat 04-Jun-11 10:26:37

After coveting the IO wrap top through 2 previous pregnancies, I've finally justified the splurge and bought one this time around.

After much practice I finally got it wrapped so it covered my tum, but I can't get it to look anything like the IO website promises (have watched their demo video), and I keep having to check for gaps as i find it rides up or separates and I end up flashing.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, as I just don't feel safe to bend or move around (and especially go to the loo and pull trousers down) without constantly having to readjust.

Before I stick it on ebay, is there a fail safe way to combat this, or has anyone else found the same problem?

midori1999 Sat 04-Jun-11 11:09:07

I wear a vest top under mine just in case it seperates, but it never has.

I haven't watched the demo, but I wrap one side first, making sure I don't let it ruche at all and that each layer well overlaps the above layer. I find I can wrap it round three times this way. Then I wrap the other side and make sure each 'wrap' covers the joins where the other side overlaps and that each bit is ruched/gathered a bit. I also find I can wrap it three times this way and then obviously tie it, usually at the side, but I have tied at the back before.

I hope that makes some sort of sense?

midori1999 Sat 04-Jun-11 11:09:52

Just to add, I love the way it looks, but I rarely wear it as going to the loo etc means it has to be completely undone and wrapped again and it's too much of a faff!

BrassicaBabe Sat 04-Jun-11 11:51:11

grin I feel your pain! I don't wear mine very often as it takes an extra 20 mins to get dressed before going out and needs redoing when I "nip" to the loo.

SybilBeddows Sat 04-Jun-11 11:54:31

I gave up on mine and gave it away. It just wouldn't stay put, it was always rucking up and gaping.
My other Isabella Oliver tops were great.

awpo Sat 04-Jun-11 12:02:40

Agree about issues going to the loo! It's a big effort to get it looking right in the first place and then too much os a palava to have to sort it out again. By the time the flexible sizing is of most benefit you're weeing so often anyway it's a pain!! Thinks the JoJoMaman wraps tops might be a bit easier but not sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: