Talk

Advanced search

Sun bathing???

(6 Posts)
Moomin1000 Sat 04-Jun-11 09:33:03

hi I sunbathed yesterday and sat regularly in the shade and kept drinking lots I'm only 8 weeks but when I got home I was vomiting all night? I thought it was ok to sunbath not sure if coincidence or not and could of just been morning sickness

Moulesfrites Sat 04-Jun-11 09:44:16

Your body temp is higher when you are pregnant and so you do need to take care in the heat. I couldn't be in the sun at all when I was pg as it made me ill I remember being on a school trip ( as a teacher! ) to a theme park last year. I was only about 12 weeks but it was a sunny day and it completely floored me - I had to sit under a tree and drink water all day and the following day I was off work with a headache and terrible nausea. Listen to your body, keep fluids up and stay in the shade.

Coppernoddle Sat 04-Jun-11 09:47:51

Congratulations on your news! And lets hope morning sickness doesnt get too bad for you!
Your skin is more sensitive to the light and body is more sensitive to the heat! You just have to take more care! If you went on holiday, you'd of had heaps of sun without sunbathing so I think you'll be fine! Although, my friend who sunbathed when she was pregnant and was a keen sunbather before pregnancy, got left with a tummy full of big moles! There not funny gone bad ones but now she has them all over her! Your skin tries to protect itself more when your pregnant! If I were you, I'd stick to the fake tan for now!!

lolajane2009 Sat 04-Jun-11 09:55:55

i'd also watch you dont get dehydrated as it is potentially extremely dangerous to you and your baby.

Mum2be79 Sat 04-Jun-11 10:00:04

Found that too. I'm 10 weeks + 1 day and today I feel exhausted after a day shopping in York in the heat. Despite being in a pub in the shade for two hours and most of the time in stores, it really takes the stuffing out of you.

I'm flying to Madeira in August (pre-planned before pregnancy) as we have a timeshare and dreading how I'll cope in the heat.

Halgirl Sat 04-Jun-11 10:21:18

You do need to be careful in the sun, but just listen to your body. Everyones body is different and will respond differently. I was lucky went to cyprus at 5 months during last pregnancy and sunbathed all day everyday and was fine with regular dips in the pool and Cyprus was hot! I did find I tanned a lot easier as well. This year we're going to Tenerife in August and again I will be 5 months. However my body is responding to pregnancy differently this time and with constant sickness showing no signs of letting up, I think I'm going to spending most of the time in the bar!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now