Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Blatantley looking for sympathy

(11 Posts)
Nicky7611 Fri 03-Jun-11 20:35:05

Hello

I should be going to see Take That tonight at the City of Manchester Stadium, but as the tickets are standing and I dont like being in crowds anymore nowI'm 27 weeks I decided not to go sad

But we couldnt sell the tickets, so my DP has taken his mum instead. Which I dont mind at all, its much better than wasting it.

I have seen them before, but I would of liked to have seen Robbie with them.

Nevermind, Im watching crap telly (BGT lol) eating choc ice cream, sat with my adorable first (fur) baby, Sammy, a two year old springer spaniel. Shame dogs arent allowed chocolate grin

nunnie Fri 03-Jun-11 20:38:56

Oh no sad I can understand why you don't want to go if you don't like being in crowds though, I went to their last tour and it was rammed.
I am going on sunday but am only 24 weeks so standing shouldn't be a problem.

Hope Sammy is looking after you smile my dog also a Sam but a Cav, has the skill of cheering me up when I am down.

Nicky7611 Fri 03-Jun-11 20:47:01

Thanks Nunnie, I hope you have a fab time!

Sammy is very good at looking after me, especially helpful when I couldnt eat all of my tea earlier lol.

nunnie Fri 03-Jun-11 20:49:01

Oh it will be rubbish I am sure of it wink

My old dog Ringo was like that, but Sam is more or a toy and cuddle dog than a food one. However the way I have been eating lately there aren't leftovers for him on my plate, some days I even eat the plate!

figgygal Fri 03-Jun-11 21:17:15

Funny that I was supposed to be going Sunday with a friend she decided she wasn't going so we managed to sell tickets on eBay get hotel refunded etc so wasn't too bothered. Now find out she's changed her mind and gone with someone else........ charming or what

nunnie Fri 03-Jun-11 21:20:16

That's very charming indeed!

DomesticGoddess31 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:05

I totally sympathise....I have tickets to see them on the 8th july...10 days before due date.... gonna wait and see how i feel but so can't see it happening really. Am gutted sad

Jellyboobs Mon 06-Jun-11 20:53:56

What's safe regarding gigs? I've got a ticket for Iron Maiden grin at the MEN in June, my OH bought it for me and is absolutely dizzy with excitement about going. We have standing tickets and I'd normally be right in there but not sure what to do. I've read that getting to hot, moving around too much, and too much loud noise can all damage the baby seperately, never mind all at once! By the time we go I will be 8 weeks.Really don't want to miss it...
Also, everyone will be fagging it down in standing so I'll be surrounded by a big cloud of smoke too....yum sad

Jellyboobs Mon 06-Jun-11 20:56:13

ps: Nicky ARGH!!!!!!
Get the CD's out, grab a lighter and get dancing. Who cares if the gig was last week, get on it!
xx

nunnie Tue 07-Jun-11 10:55:29

Hello Jellyboobs, I have never heard about the moving about to much or the loud noise thing (doesn't mean it's untrue), the heat issue I think is more related to your comfort, so do drink plenty.
I am coming up 25 weeks, and went to Take That on Sunday had a great time, and managed to get a seat but was happy to stand if not, my Auntie needed a seat as she is recovering from a hysterectomy so we got there early to try and get one.
Baby had a thrash about for a bit when Pet shop boys were on, stopped for Robbie Williams bit and started again at the end, was quite nice really as I don't feel her much because I have an anterior low lying placenta.
8 weeks is very early days so I can't see why it would be a problem, but you can always ask your GP or Midwife if concerned.
Have a great night if you decide to go.

Nicky7611 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:23:30

Hi Ladies

Mine was more a personal choice, I have been feeling rubbish latley so driving home from Manchester to Stoke put me off as well as not having seats.

Glad you had a good time nunnie, my OH said Robbie was amazing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: