Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Confused by what I'm told and what's actually happening!

(6 Posts)
LDNlady Fri 03-Jun-11 20:22:56

Well, all I've heard and read was that towards the end of your pregnancy baby doesn't move as much as before but I can safely say since 36 weeks (am now 39+2) she's been booting the crap out of my insides and this week booting and throwing some seriously weird shapes. The other night she was moving so much and for so long (3 hours) that I'd convinced myself I would go into labour that night. So, will she ever calm down before her arrival?!! smile

nunnie Fri 03-Jun-11 20:26:19

My previous two stayed active till the bitter end, and like you the kicks became more intense. I wasn't aware they were supposed to become less frequent towards the end though.

spilttheteaagain Fri 03-Jun-11 20:36:15

It is a myth that they move less at the end, and a very dangerous one at that, as it means women can be less likely to worry about/report reduced movements.

Fantastic that your baby is so active, I hope she comes out soon!

But if she does go quiet on you, it is NOT normal and you must get checked out in case she needs help/delivery.

Good luck for the birth smile

MrsTMT Fri 03-Jun-11 20:49:02

I have read the same but like yours my baby is very active too. I get punched or booted quite vigorously, and sometimes I get a big lump on one side of my tummy as I assume baby is lying more on one side. Looks so weird!! smile
My baby seems to be most active during the evening and when I go to bed, but she does move during the day too. I do actually think she is more active now than before but at least it is reassuring to feel her.

I am wondering whether she will be this active once she is out?!
smile

ninipops Sat 04-Jun-11 11:38:54

I think that the movement just changes as there is less room to move about. Certainly with DD I got less actual kicks but no lessening in movement it just became more like she stretching against the tightness of my bump kinda like struggling to get into a too small jumper!

saldoozer Sat 04-Jun-11 12:08:59

I also had no reduction in movement towards the end, just that the movements were more stretchlike and less like kicking. Also wriggly movements especially her head on my bladder. She was still wriggling about between contractions in early labour too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: