Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

all pregnancy symptoms, but negative tests

(9 Posts)
rebelpunk Fri 03-Jun-11 11:05:43

hi everyone

my situation is thus- my af is 3 weeks late today. last month's af wasn't proper, it was -tmi alert, sorry- about 9 days worth of brownish blood/ goo. (same as i had when i fell pregnant with my ds) my boobs are aching, i'm constantly nauseous, i'm getting the urge for junk food & i'm drinking like i've been stranded in a desert for months on end. my mouth is permanently dry, & metallic tasting, and i keep getting stomach cramps. i'm also in agony with my back & keep getting severe "shooting" pains in my erm, ladybits blush (i had bad sciatica & spd last time around.)i'm sweating even more excessively that usual, i'm also either awake all night, & wanting to go to sleep in the day, or going to bed as normal, around 1-2am ish, and waking up at 5/6 am.

all of this is exactly the same as when i was pregnant last time (although i haven't started vomiting yet).

but in the last 3 weeks, i have done 4 pregnancy tests, all many days apart, and every one has came up negative.

i guess what i'm asking is- am i likely to be pregnant, but for some reason the tests aren't showing that? OR am i not pregnant, and these symptoms are something i need to bother the doctor with?

sorry it's long, & sorry if i've not posted in the right place, i thought "pregnancy" seemed the most suitable grin

rebelpunk Fri 03-Jun-11 11:53:29

bump?

benne81 Fri 03-Jun-11 12:15:52

Sorry but it seems unlikely that your pregnant if you have had four pregnancy test negative over a three week period - I'd suggest booking an appointment with your GP to discuss your symptoms.

AllyZ Fri 03-Jun-11 12:16:08

So if you were pregnant you would now be 7 weeks? There is no test on the market that wouldnt pick up the hcg at that point, so no I dont think you are pregnant. Think tests react on 50-80 hcg and already in week 5 normal hcg is about 80-2000 if I remember correctly. of course strange things happen but its not very likely.

Call your gp, they can do a bloodtest for hcg to see if you are pregnant. And you can ask them about your symptoms if test comes back negative. Could just be hormone inbalance..

rebelpunk Fri 03-Jun-11 12:23:34

thanks guys, i logically know that 4 tests can't be wrong, but i keep thinking "what if?" especially as the symptoms are getting stronger each day, & still no af sad

better phone the gp's on monday then.

saoirse86 Fri 03-Jun-11 12:49:28

I've had a really similar situation to you. Over the last few months I've had hardly anything in the way of periods, mostly brownish blood and one AF was 3 weeks late.

I've also done 4 tests but all BFN's.

The only thing I can think could be causing it is my hormones getting back to normal after having DD (she's 8.5 months). Could that be similar with you? How old is your DS? Or have you just stopped breastfeeding or anything? On any contraceptives that could be messing your body about?

rebelpunk Fri 03-Jun-11 14:14:26

ds is almost 9 months. he had problems taking my milk, so stopped feeding on day 2. i'm not on any hormonal contraception.

the thing is, i got my 1st period 5 weeks after birth, right when it was due, and have been regular as clockwork since, every 28 days without fail confused

maybe it is just hormones then (gutted) sad

saoirse86 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:42:50

Ooh, how weird that you're so similar to me. My DD wouldn't latch on either so I expressed for a few weeks but that was all, so that can't be the reason for me either.
My first 2 periods were pretty normal, it's just since then they've been a mess.

And I have been gutted too every time I got a BFN. sad

You should still go to the GP about it though.

<<should listen to own advice and go to the doctors>>

rebelpunk Fri 03-Jun-11 20:29:53

lol maybe we should go together smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: