Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hillingdon ladies?

(10 Posts)
LDNlady Fri 03-Jun-11 06:21:36

Just curious to know if there are any ladies out there due to have bubs over the next couple of weeks at Hillingdon Hospital?

Ladyface Fri 03-Jun-11 07:16:29

I am having dc2 there - I was due on Tuesday but no sign of anything happening yet.

LDNlady Fri 03-Jun-11 07:26:32

Aw hi! I'm due on Weds but keep hoping something will happen before. Have they booked you in for an induction yet should you need it or are they waiting for you to see MW again?

Ladyface Fri 03-Jun-11 08:02:58

Hello! I have one more MW appointment next week but am also booked in for an induction a week tomorrow. I had a sweep on Tuesday but nothing has happened- not too surprised though as I went 10 days over with my dd! Is this your first?

LDNlady Fri 03-Jun-11 08:23:17

Fingers crossed you won't need that next MW appointment. Yeah, this is my first. Have my "40" weeks appointment on Sunday but I'll only be 39+4 so even though I am hoping she'll be nice (if you can call it nice) and give me a sweep, I very much doubt it. I'll just have to carry on with the nipple tweaking!! grin

Ladyface Fri 03-Jun-11 08:37:37

grin @ nipple tweaking - I thought I'd tried everything with the raspberry leaf tea, curry, pineapple, etc - is there an art to it or is radio tuning style of a teenage boy fumbling around?!

LDNlady Fri 03-Jun-11 16:50:19

To be honest, I don't really know! :-D I've only just started trying and I get the feeling it's probably not doing very much but hey I'll try anything bar nookie right now! grin

Ladyface Thu 09-Jun-11 02:15:17

How are you getting on? I had my third sweep on Tuesday and have been having contractions since about 6pm today plus have had a show. Waters still not broken though - am so desperate for some sleep. Think it is gonna be a long night.

LDNlady Thu 09-Jun-11 07:54:09

Aw bless you! Well, I was 40 weeks yesterday so I'm only due my first sweep on Sunday! Have been in and out of the day assessment unit from Sunday to Tuesday as they thought baby's heart rate was up butthey decided that it's cos she's ALWAYS moving as the base rate would settle then she'd move and it'd go up again. I have to say that even though I only hit 40 weeks yesterday I'm already fed up and willing her to make a move. Had a massively hot Thai curry last night grin Well, fingers crossed that something is happening for you soon. I can't imagine enduring 3 sweeps. Yuk! Let me know how you get on. x

Ladyface Thu 16-Jun-11 21:39:12

Hello! My ds has finally arrived! Things started happening on wed eve (8th) but he was back to back and I was not dilating more than 3cm. I was so fed up. They eventually popped my waters at 10pm and he was born at ten to midnight!
How are you? What a pain having to be stuck at the hospital. At least they are looking after you and closely monitoring everything . I found the care to be good but the facilities in need of updating. The showers on the post natal ward were not working, not great when you have stitches to keep clean. Hope you have met your dc by now. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: