Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

36 wks - my bump feels different today and feels smaller, should I worry?

(5 Posts)
perrinelli Thu 02-Jun-11 18:50:51

Wondered if anyone else had experienced this - my bump just feels more compact today, I've been feeling huge and stretched to the limit but it's different today and I can sort of breath it in more. It's baby no. 2 and she did move quite a bit around lunchtime. Does anyone know if amniotic fluid can reduce without leaking out? Do you think it could just be the baby 'dropping'?

supadupapupascupa Thu 02-Jun-11 18:53:25

could be babies head has engaged and all nestled into your pelvis ready for birth. Gives you loads more room smile

Boosaphena Thu 02-Jun-11 18:54:32

It could be baby dropping - i remember that feeling where i could suddenly breath, and eat - was a treat until i realised i couldnt comfortably shut my legs!!!

MotherPanda Thu 02-Jun-11 18:55:01

yep - sounds like your babies engaged smile, and yes the amount of amniotic fluid does reduce in late pregnancy as well. i think it just gets absorbed into your body - it certainly doesn't leak.

perrinelli Thu 02-Jun-11 18:56:15

It's weird though as I also feel less pressure on my pelvis and bum (sorry if tmi) than the last few days. I suppose it's probably ok as long as she's moved like normal but it's very bizarre.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: