Talk

Advanced search

Upside down baby!

(6 Posts)
CarolineLou Thu 02-Jun-11 16:52:05

Hi everyone,
I had my scan yesterday (13+3) and my gorgeous little baby was laying on his/her front and wouldnt turn over, is this normal? My scan looks upside down. She said everything was fine and all looked wll just was a bit gutted x

sleepybump Thu 02-Jun-11 17:06:35

awww - sounds perfectly normal, mine flipped himself over while we were scanning at 14wks (I was lucky he was awake and kicking at the time - but it made for some blurry pictures!). There's quite a lot of space to move around in at that stage so I'm sure baby has the chance to flip back for you x

CarolineLou Thu 02-Jun-11 17:18:02

Thanks smile he/she was right way at firsr because there was a training sonographer who scanned me first then when the trained one scanned me after he/she'd filpped over. I was just a bit worried it was abnormal. Thanks for your comment x

lolajane2009 Thu 02-Jun-11 17:38:01

it happened to me on my 20 week scan... he is just awkward at scans, on the first he stayed still and in an awkward position. some babies are just this way, it seems... mine also kicks the dopplers.

kampakat Thu 02-Jun-11 19:04:41

Mine was curled up on his front for our 12 weeks scan and has been nicknamed steggie because his spine was a perfect likeness of a stegasaurus. He has since been all over the shop, sideways and back to back but now at 36 weeks is just starting to behave and is now head down and facing the right way...we are just hoping he stays that way!
Don't Panic!

PinkFondantFancy Thu 02-Jun-11 22:03:38

This happened at my 12 and 20 week scan - my baby seems to like crouching face down and refuses to flip over the other way on demand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now