Talk

Advanced search

Maternity swimming costumes - any advice

(12 Posts)
benne81 Thu 02-Jun-11 14:24:01

I'm off on my hols in a couple of weeks and can't wait to relax by the pool. The only problem is finding a decent maternity swimming cossie (i'm 24 weeks). I was 32E before pregnancy and the boobs are definitely bigger now but no maternity swimmers seem to take the larger bust into account - any suggestions?

d0gFace Thu 02-Jun-11 14:37:59

Think Ive seen people recommend Next for swim wear in other threads. Maybe a tankini then you can buy different size tops/pants.

Sorry Im not much help. smile

Blobby11 Thu 02-Jun-11 17:19:03

I did a search on this a few weeks ago - I have the same boob issue - and people were recommending Zoggs so I ordered but nothing's arrived and they aren't responding to email angry

Probably not much help but at least you know where to avoid grin

schmee Thu 02-Jun-11 17:30:09

I went to JoJoMamanBebe, as I have huge norks and the one from Mothercare (even two sizes too big) didn't cover up anything. It's a two piece tankini which they do in pink and also in black and covers up my 36Js pretty well.

Snakeears Thu 02-Jun-11 18:12:51

I have just seen some in asda - black and boring but cheap and supportive bet you can get them on line!

nannyl Thu 02-Jun-11 18:43:06

i have grown from a 34C to a 38E...... (well that was 10 weeks ago and my boobs are bigger now, perhaps an F)

I have a boring black mothercare swimming costume, and my boobs fit with no problem at all... and room to grow bigger

KWright Thu 02-Jun-11 18:45:57

I'm an F-cup and I find NEXT are pretty good - I've a tankini and a swim-suit from their maternity range.

Enjoy your hols!

muffins Thu 02-Jun-11 18:53:43

What about somewhere like figleaves, bravissimo or marisota

Cherrypi Thu 02-Jun-11 18:59:43

I bought a bravissimo tankini. Bump might stick out a bit but will support your boobs.

MainlyMaynie Thu 02-Jun-11 21:49:18

I'm a G cup and my Next one has been ok. It's not as supportive as one I would wear outside of pregnancy though, but I thought I would get more use out of a maternity one without underwear.

At 24 weeks you sure you can't get away with a non-maternity bikini just in a bigger size? Much cheaper!

rooks14 Thu 02-Jun-11 22:40:56

I'm a 34GG and although they're not very sexy, in terms of support i had to go for bog standard black swimsuit from mothercare!

make sure you try them on!!! all the nice blue tankinis i liked online looked awful on!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now