Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

39 weeks preg. mucus plug or something to be worrying about? thick light green discharge?!

(7 Posts)
Loubilouu Wed 01-Jun-11 16:11:47

im 39 weeks + 1 day
this is my first pregnancy, so i dont really know what to be expecting and what is normal ect :/ ...
for a couple of weeks now when i go pee and wipe, i have thick light green discharge.
does anyone know what it could be? mucus plug, infection, ect?
& can it harm my baby?
advice + reasurance please

Lizziwiz Wed 01-Jun-11 16:45:10

I would call you midwife. Always best to be reassured rather than worrying.

DomesticGoddess31 Wed 01-Jun-11 18:06:15

looks like snot right? I've had this the last couple of days. I'm 33weeks now but also had similar for a couple of days at about 26 weeks I think. I think its bits of mucus plug which can come away but it can replace itself apparently so I haven't worried. I think if you find its blood tinged it indicates labour may be on its way. This is my first too though so I'm no expert!

Coppernoddle Wed 01-Jun-11 18:09:24

A much plug usually comes away over the space of a couple of wipes. My first two only took one day and both were red and bloody, a bit brown etc! This does not sound like your plug!! Especially if it's taken a couple of weeks. But in your pregnancy you can produce copus amounts of mucus! You need to do a few things, 1) is it smelly? That is usually a very good indicator for infection. 2) is it or inside you irritated or ichy? 3) how green is it? You can have a light green mucus all the way throughout your pregnancy and it be perfectly normal!
I would definitely get it checked out to be on the safe side, sooner rather than later as you are at the very end! Book a doctors appointment rather than midwife, they can rush through the test and get results very quickly! But do mention it to your midwife too, she needs to know really!

doughnutty Wed 01-Jun-11 18:24:44

I agree with coppernoodle - it's probably not your plug which looks more like a clear mucus with bloody streaks.
I get this occasionally pg or not. It's not smelly so I've never been concerned about it and I only notice after peeing not between times IYKWIM. I put it down to me not drinking enough (which I don't) and try to drink more.

But if you're worried phone your MW.

DomesticGoddess31 Wed 01-Jun-11 18:50:23

ignore my rubbish advice and listen to Coppernoddle sounds like she's done this before

Coppernoddle Wed 01-Jun-11 19:39:34

Lol!!! I'm on my third!!! I have to say, I get lots of mucus every time I go to the loo too!! Sometimes in big clumps, think it's very normal but get checked just to be safe! If you've had it for a few weeks now and no other side effects think it's just the fun of pregnancy and all the other disgusting things that happen to our bodies that go with it!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: