Talk

Advanced search

Scan today, baby had it's legs crossed!

(30 Posts)
Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 14:51:40

Naughty baby! We were going to find out the sex but no, legs were crossed so we couldn't see.
The good news is that all is well and baby is healthy.
It will be a 'surprise' in the end and better I wait and find out than they make a mistake!

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 14:53:31

DD did that. grin

They couldn't get any measurements as she was curled up in a ball, legs crossed, chin tucked in. They kept smacking her with the wand thing, she'd unfurl, stretch a bit and then curl up again.

I have a theory that she was storing up sleep in the womb so that she'd never, ever have to sleep again. 4yrs in, I'm sure I'm right.

LadyWithNoManors Wed 01-Jun-11 14:54:00

Oh suprises are better anyway wink.
I didn't find out for any of my 3 and I'm glad.

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 15:09:21

haha show!! smile bless her.
The good thing is too I guess I will have to chose two names!!
I found out with DD lady, I really was looking forward to it but hey, just another 4 + months to wait. I wonder if it really does help you through labour?

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 15:13:23

Help you through labour? No, you're confusing it with drugs. grin

melliebobs Wed 01-Jun-11 16:25:41

must be a girl. Only a boy would sit their with their legs spread :p

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 16:37:12

sad Believe me show I will be having as many drugs as I an get too!! grin
Yeah I guess so mellie, boys are not supposed to cross their legs are they!?
Mind you DD showed us at the scan.

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 17:00:58

Friends had a baby with crossed legs. Definitely a boy. That or she's a little masculine and has a penis.

Are you hoping for a boy?

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 19:00:49

How do you know showofhands? I'm intrigued!
I have a daughter already so a boy would be lovely, yes! smile

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 19:39:00

How do I know that my friend's baby is a boy? Because he has a penis. He's 14 months now. grin But during the scan (which I attended), he was keeping it a secret.

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 19:50:38

PML smile Stop it showofhands!! I mean how do you know mine is definately a boy? You reckon it's keeping it a secret too?

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 19:52:30

I just have a feeling...

But then I have feelings about all sorts of things and I'm right about 50% of the time. grin

lockets Wed 01-Jun-11 19:56:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 20:01:54

That's interesting Lockets, I kept thinking she might try again at the end but nope. Baby was moving a lot too, so not sure if the legs would be crossed the whole time. sad
Show, I have one person who has guessed and thinks it's a boy too...
Mind you I kept thinking DD was a boy until her scan. smile

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 20:03:37

...I am going to keep working on my names list anyway tonight.....smile

lockets Wed 01-Jun-11 20:04:51

Firawla Wed 01-Jun-11 20:05:13

you never know if you get any other later scan for any reason like growth or anything, you can ask them then so you might still get the chance to find out

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 20:07:00

I think even though you have a natural curiosity about the gender you don't happen to have, I think it matters not a jot in the end. But I understand the sentiment that drives the desire to find out what the other gender is like.

lockets, did I read on here once that you had an axolotl or did I make that up.

I like names lists too. Let's be having you wotty, what do you like atm?

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 01-Jun-11 20:08:12

DD did this as well. I then had 2 weekly scans from 20 weeks and she still didn't give anything away until my 36 week scan. She shows no such modesty now and will get her bits out at any opportunity smile

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 20:10:31

Arf. DD came out of preschool last week and gabbled "had a really good day, we went on a bug walk and I went on a slide and we had apple at snack time, but I did bang my vagina on a post at one point but we had bananas at second snack and I drew a picture..."

For saying she didn't want to get her bits out at the scan, she drops them into every other conversation like they're a friend.

Wottywot Wed 01-Jun-11 20:11:55

Congrats Lockets, how is it going? Hope you are doing fine. send me your rejected names list. smile What did you go with in the end?
A what?
Well I have a big long list but DH doesnt like most of them sad so need to have a rethink. He likes Benjamin and Joel for a boy which I like but they are not favs. For a girl we both like Anna, I like Jemima too.....I need more ideas.

sharbie Wed 01-Jun-11 20:12:37

ds used to be like this after he was born too
he would have his legs crossed and ankles flexed and his wrists flexed down too
looked v odd in a newborn but was told by nurses this is a common position in the womb

lockets Wed 01-Jun-11 20:12:51

lockets Wed 01-Jun-11 20:15:05

ShowOfHands Wed 01-Jun-11 20:16:27

I have always, always wanted an axolotl but don't know anybody in rl with one.

Our local garden centre has started selling them and dh has agreed that I may have one. Just wanted to know if you recommended it or regretted it, any tips, er name suggestions! Aren't they brilliant? I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't want one tbh but most of my fb friends are shuddering and whinging that they're ugly. Heathens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now