Talk

Advanced search

top of bump tenderness

(8 Posts)
Almost6 Wed 01-Jun-11 12:40:09

Past day or so I the top of my bump has become very tender to touch, feels bruised but there ate no bruise marks! Anyone else had this?
39+1 today!

Renaissance227 Wed 01-Jun-11 13:36:16

Keep getting this on and off and I'm only 19 weeks!!

moregranny Wed 01-Jun-11 13:51:29

Almost have you had your bp etc checked lately because pain at the top of the bump can be a sign of pre eclampsia, x

bambinoblue3 Wed 01-Jun-11 14:14:08

Hi I'm 39+6 with DC3 and have had this with all 3. With me its strained ligaments so even a little walk leaves me feeling a bit battered and bruised.

Almost6 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:17:34

had bp checked this morn n was fine,
Don't recollect it in previous pg's, just feels bruised n tender.
mw said it's not uncommon, I was thinking perhaps it might be bruising inside from baby's kicks! But writing it down sounds a really rubbish explanation! So I will just keep guessing!
Thanks for replies

DomesticGoddess31 Wed 01-Jun-11 18:02:42

yes i've had this off and on too.....put it down to stretching pains. I'm 33 weeks now but first noticed it a couple of weeks ago when my bump grew to reach just under my bra line.

Lynzilove Wed 01-Jun-11 20:14:18

ive had this a few weeks now as well. figued it was down to a touch of internal bruising(!) as well as stretching pains - ive nto even told my mid wife as i figured its just one of those things?!

reenzeen Wed 01-Jun-11 20:26:26

It could be separated abdomen- where the muscles split doen the middle- this is how mine started felt like the skin was bruised, now its a constant burning pain bloody nightmare and ive another 4 wks to go, might be worth mentioning to midwife, they can check you for it but there's not not alot they can do for it really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now