Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

SALE AT MOTHERCARE!

(9 Posts)
LDNmummy Wed 01-Jun-11 11:53:44

Hey guys, dunno if anyone has put this up yet but just thought I would let everyone know that there is a sale on at Mothercare.

It is £20 off for every £100 you spend and I am using it to order a pram and cot.

Hope this helps anyone out there who is looking to save a little.

It ends tomorrow and is on their website.

xx

Renaissance227 Wed 01-Jun-11 12:14:59

Thanks LDNmummy xx

PrincessJenga Wed 01-Jun-11 12:25:30

But I thought it was Mumsnet law that we all have to HATE Mothercare? wink

<sneaks into town to check out the bargains>

PrincessJenga Wed 01-Jun-11 12:27:07

<realises it's only available online and reclines back on the sofa>

nannyl Wed 01-Jun-11 13:45:37

i dont think it is only online

i was in mothercare at the weekend, and there were posters up all over the store!

Newmummytobe79 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:41:00

It is in store too! We got over £100 off our pram! smile

LDNmummy Wed 01-Jun-11 16:27:32

I tried to use it to buy a Bugaboo Bee but it didn't work at the checkout. I hadn't read the small print which stated that a few items were not part of the offer, including the Bugaboo. In the end I managed to use their price match offer and got a Bee with hood for £412 which I think was quite a good price brand new with rain cover and basket included.

I am off to their Oxford Street store now to get more bits and bobs in person.

Wish I had known they were doing this earlier, better late than never.

And I usually don't like mothercare Princess grin

glittah Wed 01-Jun-11 19:11:49

Hey LNDmummy, how does the price match thing works? I also want to buy a Bee, and that's an alright price for a new one. Thanks!

LDNmummy Thu 02-Jun-11 00:41:21

Hey glittah, well I called up their helpline when I couldn't get the initial discount I wanted from their online store (you can buy things from them over the phone too on 01923 210 210), and after the woman told me the bugaboo wasn't included I remembered someone explaining the price match thing on another thread.

I did mine over the phone with them by finding another online company that had a much better offer. They check the details of the online company you give them the details of to verify that they are in fact charging less, then they match it and give you the same product at the same price. I heard Mothercare has much better customer service so it is a good idea to do this.

The lady I spoke to said you can also do it by buying the product from them online and then calling them up later to refund the difference. It was very easy doing it over the phone.

HTH smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: