Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

heartburn

(6 Posts)
Jill72 Wed 01-Jun-11 07:01:23

getting heartburn as the day wears on until it is almost unbearable by bedtime and now keeping me up. Can't stomach gaviscon - any other tips?

sereka Wed 01-Jun-11 07:40:01

Hi.... sorry to hear of your dilemna. I too suffer from heartburn and the only thing that works for me now are cool pieces of water melon. This is my secong with my first it was milk, but it doesnt help this time.

Wishing u all the best in the rest of the pregnancy. smile

LDNlady Wed 01-Jun-11 08:29:16

Well, I've been living on fruit rennie (don't like the mint ones) The fruit ones are nice and very similar to those dextrose energy tabs in flavour. Some say that they aren't as good as gaviscon but for me I couldn't have done without my 4 full packs of 64 rennie. grin Milk has worked for me on the odd occasion too.

candr Thu 02-Jun-11 19:59:01

Thanks, was really struggling with this myself and was up till 3.30am last night feeling sick from heart burn, will try rennie and milk (why do they make gaviscon soooo disgusting?)

KeepOnSwimming Thu 02-Jun-11 20:08:54

Milk makes mine worse - but extra strong mints help....?

Misty9 Thu 02-Jun-11 20:41:04

Fruit rennies here too - didn't even like the sound of Gaviscon, let alone the taste! Also found chewing gum after eating helps...
Haven't had dinner yet so I reckon heartburn will be with me later this evening...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: