Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if TMI but i'm mortified

(21 Posts)
dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:32:09

22 weeks with DS2, just sneezed and wet myself blush. This never happened last time, i do my pelvic exercises like a good girl.

It's gonna get worse isn't it? sad

RickGhastley Tue 31-May-11 20:32:40

Yep

smile

mistressploppy Tue 31-May-11 20:34:09

grin

Sorry

Joannezipan Tue 31-May-11 20:34:47

37+5 and I have a brutal cough...Tena Lady is the only way to go.

spatchcock Tue 31-May-11 20:37:59

Maybe you should change your username? smile

Sadly I'm the same at 35 weeks - usually a bit dribbles down my leg on the way to the loo sad

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:38:56

oh god. Thanks all. Actually had a little cry about it (pathetic i know!).

Will doing more pelvic floor exercises help?

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:39:58

spatchcock - was waiting for someone to say that! grin

have the worst hayfever of my life and sneezing violently, so guess its not helping.

GingerbreadGiraffe Tue 31-May-11 20:41:10

yes but do them properly. Really concentrate and focus to point of not being able to do anything else.

Squeeze and holds and continous (but not too fast) squeeze and releases.

If you can do something else you arent doing them properly.

That was guidance from my Women's health physio- who is wonderful smile

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:43:44

Thanks Gingerbreadgiraffe!

nunnie Tue 31-May-11 20:44:07

I would also suggest taking a sample to the doctors for testing, as it could also be a sign of a UTI.

However it isn't uncommon to have less control over your bladder when pregnant, I think to be honest I was shocked and also cried myself the first time, after that I expected it with every cough, sneeze, laugh so when it didn't happen it was a bonus.

MmeBlueberry Tue 31-May-11 20:44:42

Tenalady is your friend

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 20:46:15

You want to try preg no 5 with a stroppy bloody teen around who needs regular calm chastisment shouting at

NOT a good combination blush

Keep doing your exercises and you'll be fine!

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:46:55

Seeing Gp about hayfever so will get it checked then, thanks nunnie. Just bit shocked as know it happens in pregnancy but didn't have any problems last time.

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 20:47:52

thefirstMrsDevere - number 5! Oh lord, two is enough for me! Congratulations

PotPourri Tue 31-May-11 20:48:39

Tena lady - and just accept for now love. It will get better after the birth

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 20:53:40

All kinds of things happen in your second pregnancy that didnt happen in your first .. [evil grin]

DC5 is one now dribble but thanks for the congrats. He is rather yummy grin

theonlyhb2 Tue 31-May-11 21:16:34

thefirstMrsDeVere that one comment has made it DEFINITE this child is going to be an only child. I can't even think of anything worse than what is currently been going on!

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 31-May-11 21:23:06

grin

but also sad

nitnatnaboo Tue 31-May-11 21:27:16

Know how you feel. No problems with pg1 even with hyperemesis. But have had hyperemesis again with DC2. Ended up sitting on the toilet and puking in the bath due to pathetic pelvic floor. Was not just a dribble either - more a flood. blush

firsttimer84 Tue 31-May-11 21:37:22

I know how you feel! I'm 24 weeks and it first happened 2 weeks ago! I was mortified, but now I accept it and use tena lady. Also I try to cross my legs (if in private)(bit obvious if in public, what i'm trying to do ha ha) The joys of pregnancy!

dribbleface Wed 01-Jun-11 08:37:59

Glad to know i'm not alone.......feel a bit more sensible about it today. Just one of those things. Off to tesco for tena lady i go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now