Talk

Advanced search

Headaches in pregnancy

(3 Posts)
freeangel Tue 31-May-11 17:45:31

Hiya all, i have always suffered with my sinuses and headaches. When ever i get a cold it goes into my sinuses and needs steriods for it to go. I had a cold recently and the doctor said i have polyps in my nose. But cant do really do anything to get rid of the polyps until after the baby. Anyone had constant headaches they just cant shift, i am drinking water and only taking paracetamol if i get desperate. I just dont want to take paracetamol all the time! hmm

Beesok Tue 31-May-11 18:06:37

welcome to the club! sad I don't have polyps but since I got pregnant have had an almost constantly blocked nose + sinus headaches and quite a few migraines, this weekend a cold developed into a full blown nasty sinus infectio for which I got antibiotics and prescription pain killers so yeah, I feel your pain!

There is not much you can do sadly other than as you mention drink water, paracetamol, use the salt water nose rinses and rest whenever you need to sad
I don't know how far along you are but I started to feel better at around 14 weeks, this last infection s hopefully a one-off, but again I am asthmatic so prone to these things and usually hit me worse
Hope you feel better!! smile

freeangel Tue 31-May-11 18:25:36

Thanks!! They do say having a blocked nose is one of the things you get when pregnant! As weird as it sounds its nice to know its not just me!
Im 18 weeks tmrw so still waiting for me to bloom, it hasnt had happened yet! The doctor gave me beconase but im not keen on using it! Hope your asthma doesnt get too bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now