Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Oh god help me, I want to sleep!!!!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
theonlyhb2 Tue 31-May-11 13:00:47

29 weeks today and I sleep for maybe 3 hours to start with, then wake every hour & half. It is driving me mad. I am so tired but I can't sleep, and when I get tired my HG flares up and puking starts. Then after a while I might manage to sleep from exhaustion (as I did last Monday & Tuesday) but then I catch up on sleep and it starts all over again.

Someone must have some ideas? I have tried not drinking much before bed, but I wake up dehydrated and feeling even worse. My legs are so restless and my feet get hot, I put them in cold water which helps for a little bit then a while later they are back again.

candr Tue 31-May-11 13:48:40

Feel for you mate, am in same situation at 23+2 weeks and have awful cramp most nights. Am holding on to fact that most things (except the baby) keeping me awake dissappear after birth. Am on half tem so trying to nap a bit during the day to catch up. Have a warm bath before bed as it relaxes if not helps you sleep as if yr like me you look forward to bed but stress that it is not as relaxing as you woul like. I have a heat pad for my legs and a cold water bottle to cool my feet. Hope you get some kip tonight. x

theonlyhb2 Tue 31-May-11 19:01:58

cold water bottle! why did I not think of this before? to ask a silly question, do you just fill with cold water or do you stick in the fridge too?

I used to be able to sleep anywhere anytime and for a long time for its like torture! I hope you get some sleep too candr!

Scaredycat3000 Tue 31-May-11 19:48:53

I read recently on here that someone used to freeze a bottle of water and wrap it in a towel and take that to bed.
I'm 20 weeks and had no idea that insomnia was a symptom of pregnancy, so I struggle to fall asleep then start the on/off waking from 5am and just hope that my 2 year old doesn't wake early! It really is tough, I think I might sleep again in about 2014 grin

candr Tue 31-May-11 21:55:05

Stick it in fridge if yr really hot but wrap it up as I thought I had wet the bed (by my feet) the first time, was quite relived when I realised. Sleep well tonight guys x

PrincessJenga Wed 01-Jun-11 10:27:39

I started a thread about this a few weeks ago and the consensus seemed to be that getting up (rather than tossing and turning) and having a snack helps a lot.

FWIW, mine has got slightly better (now 32 weeks) and I'm only getting one or two sleepless nights a week now, some nights I even sleep right through! I've started having a snack just before bed, wearing socks (seems to stop my cramps, though it sounds like that might not work for you if you're too hot) and building a pillow 'fort' (as DP calls it!) to keep me in a comfortable position.

I hope you get some sleep soon smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: