Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How likely is it that the test is wrong???? I'm panicking!!!!

(34 Posts)
MrsHuxtable Tue 31-May-11 10:59:18

OK, period due in 2 days. Was sure I could feel her coming on. Did a test just now. Clearblue Digital with Conception Indicator. It says PREGNANT 1-2 weeks!!!!

2 Questions:

1. How likely is it the test is wrong?

2. How much worth is this test telling me 2 days before period is due, I'm pregnant? I mean in relation to chemical pregnancies...

Sorry, if this is all a little confused, I'm in shock. I did not expect the test to say 'pregnant'. I'm oever the moon, getting married in 3 days, just worried how real it all is...

Pinkjenny Tue 31-May-11 11:00:20

1. Very, very unlikely.
2. You are pregnant.

themildmanneredjanitor Tue 31-May-11 11:00:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moregranny Tue 31-May-11 11:00:52

Not likely to be wrong, congratulations, what a lovely wedding present smile

MrsCLH Tue 31-May-11 11:09:51

Aww congratulations! And have a wonderful wedding day, how lovely smile I have a little tear in my eye - pregnancy hormones get me every time!

silverangel Tue 31-May-11 11:13:26

Ditto the above - congratulations!!

icravecheese Tue 31-May-11 11:16:46

Highly likely you're pregnant... HUGE congrats!! Enjoy your wedding day with your little "secret" in your tummy!

MrsHuxtable Tue 31-May-11 11:17:42

Thanks, your answers make me feel a lot better. I still feel like my period is coming any day though, very very slight cramping. I'm just hoping for now that's normal.

And when will I tell my almost DH??? I'm leaning towards waiting til the wedding day / honeymoon. It's only a couple of days to go....

ShowOfHands Tue 31-May-11 11:20:01

If you're testing positive, you're producing hcg. There are a couple of very rare reasons why you'd be testing positive and not pregnant (they'll be detailed in the leaflet, things like chemotherapy) but largely, er, you're pregnant!

You are right that testing early does pick up chemical pregnancies but for the time being, you're pregnant. Long may it continue. Well, another 33-38 weeks. No more than that I hope.

ShowOfHands Tue 31-May-11 11:21:01

Oh tell him on your wedding night. Once you're alone. How lovely.

orangehead Tue 31-May-11 11:22:30

Congratulations. Af type cramping is very common in early pregnancy

icravecheese Tue 31-May-11 11:33:09

Yes, cramping is totally normal in early preg... I'm on preg no.3 now &, all 3 times, I felt like my period was about to start due to cramping / "sinking" feeling etc. It lasted a good few weeks for me each time, so don't worry if the cramps seem to linger for a while.

Gosh, I wouldnt be able to stop myself from telling hubby for 3 days, you're very good to do it as a lovely wedding day surprise!! I'm guessing you'll spend the next 3 days buying numerous brands of preg test just to double / triple check results!! Thats perfectly normal too smile

buttonmoon78 Tue 31-May-11 11:50:43

Oh how lovely! Tell him on your wedding night.

Good luck!

Eglu Tue 31-May-11 11:52:52

Congratulations! I would second wedding night to tell your DH

nickelbabe Tue 31-May-11 11:56:02

yeay! congratulations!

You might even be able to pas it off as a "honeymoon baby" wink

I had cramping too - but was accompanied by headaches and just generally feeling yucky and dizzy (but not sick at that point)

At least you won't have a period to content with on your wedding day!
grin

WanderingSheep Tue 31-May-11 12:01:48

Oh how fantastic! You're definitely pregnant - what ShowOfHands said to do (telling your DP on the wedding night) sounds lovely, I doubt I could have waited that long though, 3 days? I think I would burst!

Congratulations! grin

lolajane2009 Tue 31-May-11 12:09:24

congrats... you are pregnant

TerrysNo2 Tue 31-May-11 14:07:47

Oh my god, I would so whisper it in his ear after you have "kissed the bride" - that would be awesome!! Congratulations!!

Mmmmcheese Tue 31-May-11 16:52:32

If you are going to do it on your wedding day i would definitely wait until the evening as otherwise your poor DH will be shell-shocked all day and probably not able to take it much of the wedding!

When i told DH we had been trying for a long time but he was still totally shocked and said that he walked around like a zombie for the rest of the day. Not good for your wedding day!

darleneoconnor Tue 31-May-11 17:30:21

Yes everyone will think you got pg on your wedding night.

Valiant1 Tue 31-May-11 19:18:00

OOOOOOh tell him on your wedding night how cute is that i probably would think about telling him just after "you may kiss the bride" but he may be in shock all day or whilst you are doing your dance ahhhh congrats hun xxxxxx

vigglewiggle Tue 31-May-11 19:21:02

Awww. How lovely, I've got a warm fuzzy feeling! smile

Carrotsandcelery Tue 31-May-11 19:26:48

Congratulations! What wonderful news smile

I would tell him once all the excitement of the wedding is over and you are alone on your wedding night.

What a fabulous way to start married life!

dribbleface Tue 31-May-11 19:48:01

Ah congratulations.

Don't worry about feeling your period is about to arrive, i have never been more sure it was on its way than when i was pregnant with DS1.

grin

zambooloo Tue 31-May-11 20:01:07

Hi, just wanted to say - you are pregnant I'm sure. False positives are so rare pretty much non-existent - that is why drs don't even bother to re-test if you've already had a positive test.
As for feeling like your period is about to arrive - I found out I was pregnant the day my period was due. The day before I really felt like I had period pains and thought I wasn't pregnant but then for some reason I felt different (had sore boobs which I never have) so I did a test and I was!
Congratulations - have a great wedding day!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: