Talk

Advanced search

argh help! severe pain in ribs

(4 Posts)
Scheherezadea Mon 30-May-11 18:07:59

For the past 2 days I've had a pain in my ribs that comes and goes. It's really high up, just under my shoulder blades, and moves round the side. It's right in my ribs, it's like a knife is being twisted. It's coming back, and my hot water bottle is leaking!

Any advice - am 20 + 5 weeks, not had any problems 'down there', baby is moving lots.

grottielottie Mon 30-May-11 19:18:54

It sound similar to my acid reflux (heart burn). I know that sounds weird as the back feeling seems muscular rather than intestinal and I know I didn't think of heart burn as that painful or wide spread but now on tablets to stop it and the gaviscon is helping.

Don't be scared to go to the doc and get a huge bottle of super strength gaviscon on prescription, and if it gets really bad they might also give you a daily tablet.

Scheherezadea Mon 30-May-11 19:20:54

I don't know, it wakes me up at night, and get it all through teh day, its right in my side. DP think sit's ligaments stretching. Have taken paracetemol and getting a bath now

AJH2007 Mon 30-May-11 19:28:25

I have something similar and when I mentioned it to the consultant he said there is a big area of cartilage around the ribs that can be affected by relaxin/ligaments stretching. Mine is worse when sitting so I walk around to free it off. Not sure there is much else you can do.... Obviously worth mentioning to the midwife as it could be something completely different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now