Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Please talk to me about babies getting into position after 37 weeks!

(5 Posts)
elseIlltellyourfather Mon 30-May-11 13:01:40

Baby has gone from transverse to oblique and is now thought (by MW) to be oblique but opposite from what it was - I felt he/she had turned head down so very disapointed. Having a scan later this week but will be a CS at 39 weeks if not turned (ECV not offered to oblique babies). Anyone's baby sorted itself out this late? Really desperate to avoid CS if I can. Off for a sleep now, will check back later! Thanks.

lucysnowe Mon 30-May-11 14:03:40

DD turned from breech to head down at 37 weeks. smile

I ended up with a c-section anyway but let's not talk about that grin

Good luck!

elseIlltellyourfather Mon 30-May-11 14:18:23

Oh thanks, thats (almost) good news!

humph123 Mon 30-May-11 14:29:09

i'm in the same boat. 37 weeks it was oblique, then 38 weeks it was head down. now i'm 39 weeks - no idea where it is at the moment! seeing midwife tomorrow.

Dartfordmummy Mon 30-May-11 19:32:31

My breech baby turned at 39 weeks and had been breech for as long as I could remember. I delivered in less than 2 hours from my first contraction too. My consultant said I was fine to deliver as a breech birth anyway as he isn't a big fan on c sections.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: