Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Cat bites

(6 Posts)
clutternutter Mon 30-May-11 11:58:57

Hi does anyone know if I should be worried or not. I've been quite badly bitten and scratched be a cat. It's a wild cat that we feed so don't know how healthy it is. I'm 13wks and am now worrying my self silly.
Thanks

Rootatoot Mon 30-May-11 12:46:03

I would go to doctor to be honest, to be on safe side. Cat bites can be nasty. I have heard of people reacting to them with swelling etc. Not sure that there is any risk to your pregnancy as such, but I suppose it is feasible. Better safe than sorry, so I would get it checked.

moregranny Mon 30-May-11 12:47:12

I would phone the midwife for advice as a precaution, x

ButterflySally Mon 30-May-11 12:55:31

I'd go the GP. Not sure what the impact of a cat bite in pregnancy would be but think it's worth getting it checked out (even if to put your mind at rest). If you can't get into your GP quickly, perhaps call the midwide or maybe even NHS direct?

clutternutter Mon 30-May-11 18:07:22

Thanks so much, phoned NHS direct they told me to go to A&E. Home again now with a large box of antibiotics

Rootatoot Mon 30-May-11 22:02:27

Glad you got sorted out. Are you still going to feed the wild cat? Perhaps you should get some welding gloves if you are wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: