Talk

Advanced search

37.5 weeks and very breAthless

(7 Posts)
gillykins2011 Mon 30-May-11 11:44:06

anyone else suffering? I can't do anything without having to sit down and have a little rest afterwards! Walking upstairs is like climbing everest! Baby is in breech and it feels like she is trying to unsuccessfully engage her little bottom so jigs around like a crazy thing. Any tips as I feel like I am very very old or massively unfit!

RockOnMrs Mon 30-May-11 11:47:35

You could be anaemic - I had something similar with my first pregnancy at around 37/38 weeks. Get thyself to the doctor forthwith! They will prescribe you some iron tablets (you could talk to the pharmacist but they may not like to give you anything without a prescription in your advanced state of pregnancy)

Please note that I am not a doctor and this is just my opinion!

Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy & the birth; bet you can't wait ... your baby must be due around the time of my DS's birthday in the middle of June smile

moregranny Mon 30-May-11 11:48:32

You could be anaemic, has the midwife checked lately, x

Hormoneoverload Mon 30-May-11 12:56:24

I am just the same. Third pregnancy and same with all of them. You should def get blood checked, but has never been anaemia for me. The only thing I can do is slow down and do jobs in little chunks. Desperate urge to nest at the moment but just have to do what I can. I have always felt the breathlessness for me is better than the back ache sone get-and def better than Spd that I've got. But you do have to slow things down. I try not to mount the stairs too often and I have to be super organised in the morning for school run to avoid pointless running around for things at the last minute. It will pass-in roughly two and a half weeks! Hang on in there.

LDNlady Mon 30-May-11 13:23:02

I'm the same! Am 38+5 and although I only have 12 stairs to go up to the toilet I am relieved to get there for the seat!! smile I've had bloods done and am absolutely fine but MW says that baby just hasn't moved her little bum away from my diaphragm and ribs so it's all her fault that I feel like an old fart!!

gomumalicious Mon 30-May-11 13:42:23

Don't forget ladies, it could be a lot less scary than that - as you reach full term, your uterus continues to expand and pushes up against your diaphram which prevents you from taking in as much oxygen per breath, hence this breathless feeling. And don't forget your little one is now becoming a BIGGER one and requires more oxygenated blood from mum, so each breath you take, moer of that O2 is going to baby, not you. As long as you keep your midwife apps and blood tests up to date, I would not worry too much but take it easy, you deserve to! XXX

humph123 Mon 30-May-11 14:40:48

I'm ok with the stairs in the morning but by the end of the day i'm holding on to the bannister for dear life and even 3 stairs are too much. mind you i have read somewhere that apparently we are at our fittest because of all the extra weight we are carrying about (bit of a workout then!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now