Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby book - cost of things

(9 Posts)
Jill72 Mon 30-May-11 09:28:34

I wanted to put a page in my baby book of how much things cost such as milk, stamps, petrol, cinema ticket and so on. Thought I would easily find a list on the internet but - nothing. Anyone else found this magic list anywhere???

Firawla Mon 30-May-11 12:25:07

I doubt there is a list because it varies in different places? just look how much it is in your local area and use those prices, is probably the best idea

CBear6 Mon 30-May-11 12:59:13

I found this showing average costs based in London:
www.workgateways.com/working-cost-of-living.html

And this:
www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/cost.html

Maybe check some of your recent shopping receipts too?

WiiUnfit Mon 30-May-11 17:33:48

Just go to Tesco grin

Earwiggo Tue 31-May-11 17:06:28

Why don't you do a small shop in your local place and then pop the receipt in the book, then she will have a record of where you were and what you were buying whilst pregnant?

Wottywot Tue 31-May-11 17:08:51

It will probably differ from person to person. I am an expert in bargain hunting, I don't buy the cheapest and I don't buy the most expensive.
Some mums would prefer more costly brands so obviously for them it would be more costly than for other mums who are not bothered about brand names.

Wottywot Tue 31-May-11 17:12:03

...Its a bit of a random list too confused Do you mean how much a family would spend per week?
I don't really buy stamps unless I want to send a letter which is pretty rare nowdays. I don't go to the cinema as DD is still too young for that and me and DH don't go.
We don't use much petrol now as we live in London.

Jill72 Tue 31-May-11 20:52:32

Just wanted to provide a reference of how much common items were when she was born. I remember buying mars bars fir twenty pence!! I think I will just have to do the leg work myself - like the idea of putting a shopping bill!

Jill72 Sun 05-Jun-11 10:24:02

Right - I am making a start on creating this page in my baby journal. This is my list so far - any other ideas??

Mars bar
can of coke
milk
bread
cinema ticket
newspaper

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: