Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pregnancy ball ideas...

(12 Posts)
Sillyness Sun 29-May-11 18:20:57

just bought a pregnancy ball and am sitting on it to watch tv and while sitting i roll around and bounce.
any other ideas for both pregnancy and labour?
also please tell me if you know of the benefits for having one (other than feeling like a healthy hippy-like mummy to be!!)

cheers grin

iWILLdothis Sun 29-May-11 19:21:58

i kneel on the floor with ball in front of me, arms/elbows & head resting on the top of the ball and roll backwards and forwards.....great for backache, good in labour too

Sillyness Sun 29-May-11 20:07:49

thanks! x

squiggleywiggler Sun 29-May-11 20:14:38

Sitting on the ball with your hips turned out, bouncing, circling, figure of 8's and rocking - all feel nice and are good for brining baby down.

Sitting on ball instead of sofa - better for your back, better for baby's position.

In labour all of the above will help bring baby down.

Leaning against it as iWILL suggests might also feel nice in labour.

Afterwards you can bounce holding baby on it to send him/her to sleep.

Have fun - don't fall off!

NamyMcChanger Sun 29-May-11 20:19:29

Oh, I thought you just left them in the corner to gather dust?

grin

Sit on it and roll it backwards and forwards.

Sit on it and do figure of eights with your pelvis, if you already have a biggish bump hold your partners hands at first.

For labour, throw it at your partner when he says for the millionth time, 'the midwife said you should try sitting on the ball' as only you are aware that sitting on the ball makes your pelvis feel like it is ripping in two.

(Though that may just have been me).

PrincessScrumpy Sun 29-May-11 20:50:41

I had an exercise ball that I sometimes sit on or I put my feet up on it - when I can get it from dd (3)!

Didn't get to use it in labour as dd was born so fast.

Sillyness Mon 30-May-11 09:42:28

Thanks ladies! I have actually been doing all that stuff without realising that was what I was supposed to be doing! grin

Excellent, can just keep going then!

NamyMcChanger - how funny!!!

dribbleface Mon 30-May-11 10:05:34

At what point should i start using mine, (mine gathered dust with DS1!)

wolfhound Mon 30-May-11 10:16:14

Put it in living room where toddlers grab it, roll around on it and hit their heads/arms/legs on hard bits of furniture/fireplace. Then put it upstairs where they can't get it but you never remember to use it...

dribbleface Mon 30-May-11 10:24:53

ha! wolfhound hadn't thought about DS injuring himself on it, he manages it just fine without me providing props!

PrincessJenga Mon 30-May-11 11:09:02

Chuck it at DP when he tells me for the millionth time that 'the NCT teacher says sitting on the ball is good for you' when I can't get comfy anywhere and have already tried the bloody ball!

(and i'm only 31w +5d; I'm going to turn into a nightmare aren't I?)

Sillyness Tue 31-May-11 10:28:00

aw, i hope that doesnt happen to me...i like my bouncy ball! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: