Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.


(2 Posts)
RunkidsKID Sun 29-May-11 10:28:20

I need some advice. My granddaughter lives with me but is ready to start spending weekends with her mum. The trouble is my DD will need two bedrooms in order to get somewhere bigger the benefits office say she will need to be getting her DD child benefits. If I transfer it to her will I lose child tax credits for her and the help I get with the childcare.

BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Sun 29-May-11 10:49:52

Unfortunately, my guess would be that you would lose the tax credits, but the system is so hugely complicated it's probably best to get some 'official' advice (though of course, given that the system is so complicated it's easy to get very contradictory advice). Have you tried the CAB, or whatever it's now called?

Probably if you re-post this in the chat section, with a header making it clear you're asking for advice on benefits and tax credits, there will be someone come alone who really knows...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: